UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi all,

I am due to collect my new Stepway this evening but my insurer cannot find the car so cannot insure me.... Salesman has said he will put me on free cover with dacia for 5 days, Insurer can only see sandero not sandero stepway.

any one else had this and will I be ok .

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Given that they've sold many thousands of Stepways I suspect you'll be fine. If the car is registered you and your insurer should be able to find it by the reg number and if they still can't, I'd get another insurer :)

Reactions: Glen

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Hi all,

I am due to collect my new Stepway this evening but my insurer cannot find the car so cannot insure me.... Salesman has said he will put me on free cover with dacia for 5 days, Insurer can only see sandero not sandero stepway.

I ordered my stepway a couple of weeks ago,,,,,so for curiousity I rang my insurance company to see difference between my present car ( hyundai sonata) and the stepway, in readiness for september ( hopefully).

They found it ok and even asked whether ambience or Laureate,,,,,so ,,, I would ring again and just explain the difference to them,,,,,,, maybe you got a dimwit.

by the way,,, my company is LV.... they quoted me approx £149 fully comp.

I have full No claims bonus ... no convictions,,,etc.... value approx £12,000. .........so... £149 not bad really.

Was going to get third party, fire , and theft,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but,,,,,,, who`s going to pinch a car thats on fire ???

hehehehehe.......... John

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
must be catching I am trading in a Hyundai too, bet they will lose a lot of customers to Dacia. I explained the difference between the sander and the stepway and to be fair the girl was very good as she got onto her manager too. I get the impression that it wont be an issue once it is registered to me?

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Hi all,

You must tell them that it's a Sandero Stepway ! I had similar problems !! ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi all, thanks for the help, collected this evening and i love it already. got dealer cover and then when i got home i called my insurer and all good and my car is now covered and at a lower price than before.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
I was quoted in excess of £1000 to insure 2015 Duster Laureate today. 20 yrs no claims how did that happen?
Charles Hurst sorted me out @ £270. Email being sent to my late insurer

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
must be catching I am trading in a Hyundai too, bet they will lose a lot of customers to Dacia. I explained the difference between the sander and the stepway and to be fair the girl was very good as she got onto her manager too. I get the impression that it wont be an issue once it is registered to me?
I traded in my Hyundai too

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
when you get a silly quote like that its often a way of telling you that they for whatever reason don't want your custom.

And Yorkshirejohn this is 2015 not 1975 so less of the sexist comments about forum members pictures :angry: .

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
I missed the sexist comment. what was it.

I shop around for everything. I don't think they didn't want me I believe the person I spoke to fed in the wrong info judging by the strange questions I was being asked. I'll find out shortly ????

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I thought it was a compliment when John said "lovely picture by the way" . That , I think is the supposed sexist comment

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
I saw the compliment, don't know what could be sexist about it. A knowledge of what sexism actually is helps stop it being classed as something of little importance

1 - 20 of 46 Posts