UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, let me say Hi to everyone and apologies for my first post being a bit of a begging one but I am desperately needing advice before Monday if possible.
On Thursday I placed an order for the new Duster Extreme in Urban Grey with Shark Antenna and side steps and all was sweet, even paid £500 deposit. However on Thursday night I came across a post that said MediaNav is removed from all cars after January this year or at least the SatNav is. Then Friday morning I found a post stating that central locking was being removed from the Duster, though I think it was France and later found out the post was from last year.

After reading these posts, I contacted the dealer to ask about this and they checked up as best they could and came back to say as far as they are aware it is only the wireless charging that has been deleted and not sure about the SatNav.

I would be extremely grateful if anyone can shed light on this as I am desperate to buy the Extreme but not sure I want it without some of the extras, my concern being that more may get deleted before it is assigned a build slot.

If I get good news I will be placing the order on Monday at the latest.

Thanks in advance for any advice folks.

Forgot to say I asked dealer to put the order on hold to allow me the weekend to do some research. :unsure:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto has been removed, wireless charging has never been available, Sat Nav is still part of the spec, as is wired Apple CarPlay/Android Auto.

God some dealers don't know their arse from their elbow, the info is there in black and white for them, it's embarrassing!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto has been removed, wireless charging has never been available, Sat Nav is still part of the spec, as is wired Apple CarPlay/Android Auto.

God some dealers don't know their arse from their elbow, the info is there in black and white for them, it's embarrassing!
Thanks very much for that info, it is good to hear from someone who knows what they are speaking about. If it's not too much bother can you please tell me if I order the Extreme SE tomorrow will it still come with the SatNav, heated seats and keyless entry? I understand you are a dealer so I know you are well informed on this and I trust your info far more than what my local dealer has told me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It will be good to contact the dealer and place the order while being in the position of telling him I now know what should still be on the car, though I do realise this may change in the future though I would hope he would order it on Monday. I live in the Scottish islands so can't just pop in to speak with them.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thanks very much for that info, it is good to hear from someone who knows what they are speaking about. If it's not too much bother can you please tell me if I order the Extreme SE tomorrow will it still come with the SatNav, heated seats and keyless entry? I understand you are a dealer so I know you are well informed on this and I trust your info far more than what my local dealer has told me.
Yes it will come with Sat Nav, heated seats and keyless if you order today, as a caveat I will say though that recently things have been dropped out of the blue which has affected orders already in the system but with the information that I have currently, these items are still available with that spec.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it will come with Sat Nav, heated seats and keyless if you order today, as a caveat I will say though that recently things have been dropped out of the blue which has affected orders already in the system but with the information that I have currently, these items are still available with that spec.
Thanks again HTP99, you have been brilliant. You have answered all my queries and convinced me to go ahead with the order. This could have been a lost sale if it hadn't been for you taking the time to answer my queries. (y)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to the replies I received from HTP99 I have just placed the order once again for the Extreme SE. Should all be sorted on Monday morning as a bit late in the day on a Saturday for anything to happen I suppose. I have cancelled the side steps though as not 100% sure they would take the weight of adults standing on them to get in & out, also may prove to be more of a hindrance than a help if not really wide enough to stand on.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thanks to the replies I received from HTP99 I have just placed the order once again for the Extreme SE. Should all be sorted on Monday morning as a bit late in the day on a Saturday for anything to happen I suppose. I have cancelled the side steps though as not 100% sure they would take the weight of adults standing on them to get in & out, also may prove to be more of a hindrance than a help if not really wide enough to stand on.
Good to hear, it's a great car.

As far as I'm aware, sidesteps aren't adult weight bearing, that's what I tell everyone who is interested in them anyway, just to cover my arse!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good to hear, it's a great car.

As far as I'm aware, sidesteps aren't adult weight bearing, that's what I tell everyone who is interested in them anyway, just to cover my arse!
Thanks again, that's what the dealer said when I first asked about them and I thought they may be ok for quickly hopping to the ground but I think better to err on the side of caution plus I wasn't 100% sure that I would be happy with the look plus the fact they may start to look a bit shabby further down the road, and you're right to cover yourself when advising people on them 'cos rest assured if a mounting snapped they would be right back to your showroom blaming you! Plenty of good info on this forum and people such as yourself willing to respond to queries that assist people like me to make informed decisions when buying. Hopefully when I eventually get the car I will be able to help someone out in the same way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Evening all,

just ordered a extreme se 2 weeks ago and heard the satnav was dropped when looking on post. good to hear that now resolved. can't wait till it turns up

·
Registered
6 Posts
What is 'wireless charging' exactly ? Wireless charging of what ?

Also, is it possible to obtain somehow a Driver's Manual for the Extreme automatic ?

Inquiries via the Dacia website offer a manual from 2021 - but can that be relevant if the Duster auto did not become available till this year ?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What is 'wireless charging' exactly ? Wireless charging of what ?

Also, is it possible to obtain somehow a Driver's Manual for the Extreme automatic ?

Inquiries via the Dacia website offer a manual from 2021 - but can that be relevant if the Duster auto did not become available till this year ?
Wireless charging is the ability to charge your phone without plugging it in to a USB socket. To be honest I prefer to plug in to USB as you need a compatible phone and these mostly tend to be premium models that have this facility. My current BMW has this facility but my phone isn't compatible and it doesn't bother me in the least. Certainly not worth buying a phone just to have the ability to charge it wirelessly. As zbob stated it is unavailable now and as long as that's all that is deleted from the spec I will be delighted.

·
Registered
Sandero MkIII 2021
137 Posts
As I understand it HTP99 is a dealer and I've quoted his earlier response. This is a bit off topic but what I found weird was the dealer I bought my Sandero from seemed simply uninterested in sales. I've seen people in there practically begging to buy cars - not just Dacias, but Renaults, SEATs and Cupras but they treated the prospective buyers like shit. This is in contrast to the servicing team who I've found to be brilliant. I would've thought the sales side was the big money maker for the dealership but I obviously know nothing about the business!

·
Registered
Sandero MkIII 2021
137 Posts
This is what I thought I had quoted "God some dealers don't know their arse from their elbow, the info is there in black and white for them, it's embarrassing! "

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Possibly, just assumed it was wireless. I have it on my current BMW and don’t use it anyway so not too bothered. I’m just glad I ordered the Extreme when I did as according to a couple if comments plus a dealer on Autotrader it is no longer possible to order the Extreme. Just wish the time would pass quicker so I can get it before the second hand prices start falling drastically.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts