UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went in the back drivers side foot well yesterday and found a small deep black plastic cap on the floor.

At first I thought it was off a toy of Little-uns but when I looked closer it has a tiny Renault badge

Any ideas? I will try to get chance to post a photo later.... but it is about the size of a 10 p and about a centimetre deep and black

I reckon its from the underneath of drivers seat but I can't see anything obviously missing a cap.......

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Pop a pic of the location you found it.

Just had a look on mine but cant see anything so like you say it may be off of the seat base or maybe left over from the production line?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was on the floor in the middle of the mat.....new mats went in about 3 weeks ago so it wasn't there then so don't know

Middle of window winder could be an idea I'll have a look on my break....

Cheers guys if its not that I'll post a picture.... (I was too busy watching the football last night...... Note to self..... WHY DID I BOTHER.... it was rubbish)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no its nothing to do with mats as its a genuine Renault bung/plug/cover and mats are non genuine

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its not off the window winder.... so back to square one....

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi Simon, that sounds like I had a little while ago - If you have a look under the dashboard to the left just above the clutch pedal, there is probably a hole where it fits! The carpets are so poorly / cheaply fitted that if you happen to rest your foot to the left of the pedal, the cap fixing the carpet into the footwell can pop off!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Simon, that sounds like I had a little while ago - If you have a look under the dashboard to the left just above the clutch pedal, there is probably a hole where it fits! The carpets are so poorly / cheaply fitted that if you happen to rest your foot to the left of the pedal, the cap fixing the carpet into the foot well can pop off!
Nope wasn't that one.... but pulled that one off checking....

here's a photo folks and before anything says anything I know the gold bit is a pound coin (that was put in for scale) Its hollow if you turn up the other way

IMG-20131120-00014.jpg

Next guess please!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Looks like a bolt head cover. I've seen similar before covering the seatbelt anchor bolts on other cars. Does it have a part number on it? If so Google it, you might get an idea as to its purpose that way.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ref seat belt nut cover.... My mate at work thought that and we had a good look round the seat belt anchor points but couldn't see anything obvious but will have another look.......

Cheers for the suggestions guys :) keep em coming.... we will crack the puzzle

·
Registered
313 Posts
It's not a wine gum you've dropped is it.........? ;) :D

I shall go out and have a look and see if I can Id the errant cap as well! You can guarantee it will be something obvious! :ph34r:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Had a look and I think I have identified it!

On the sliding height adjuster for the seat belts is a cap just like that - If they are both on there, check the seatbelt mount for the middle rear seat - It should also have a cover on the bit fixed in the roof.

Is the pound coin the prize? :ph34r:

Reactions: Stuart

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Had a look and I think I have identified it!

On the sliding height adjuster for the seat belts is a cap just like that - If they are both on there, check the seatbelt mount for the middle rear seat - It should also have a cover on the bit fixed in the roof.

Is the pound coin the prize? :ph34r:
Thank you Jodonut could be that! I was looking low down in the car not high up. I will check that suggestion when I get home (on the bike today)....I folded the seat down to go to the tip the other day I may have caught the one on the ceiling....

And yes the £1 coin is the prize but the winner will need to send a stamp addressed envelope to claim it...... :lol:

·
Registered
895 Posts
Just bring the pound ! hehehehe I hope I win it then you can bring me some Xmas Crackers, Tea bags and Mustard over with you

1 - 20 of 34 Posts