UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously looking at buying a new Sandero - had a test drive but unsure which is the best for city driving ie mpg = cost of tc9 and would i recoup the outlay and the same for the Diesel or should i stick to just the 1.2 ?

I do most of my driving inner city.

Many thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
the 1.2 is very nice round the town possibly not as economic as the others but i guess city driving you wont clock a high mileage anyway. There is a chap logged his mpg at 42 for city driving in a 1.2 in the apps section /mpg logs.I think another mentioned 38 somewhere. Both the others have turbos and im not convinced of the longevity of turbos if your doing mostly short journeys not warming the oil properly. I think you would have to be doing a pretty high mileage to justify the cost of the diesel.15 k plus per annum ? I'm getting close to 50 mpg running my 1.2 on semi rural roads. Just my opinion im sure others will differ. Regards

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have 1.2 also and returns around 43 mpg doing short runs like dropping kids off, supermarket etc. Will only do around 3000 miles a year so for me diesel wasn't an option. If your only doing city driving and low annual mileage don't think the diesel is for you either. Don't think you'll be disappointed with it, proving to be a great car.

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
We have the 1.2 ad drive mainly around the city. In my opinion it is ideal giving good mpg and easy to park etc :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
The 1.2 is ideally suited to urban driving & short distance working, my experience is that it will deliver circa 40mpg consistently in such circumstances. While the 0.9 has better official MPG figures than the 1.2, my guess is that you'll struggle to match the official figures in real world driving & the difference in actual MPG between the two engines will be minimal in practice. Even allowing for the higher VED band for the 1.2, its likely to be the better value for money option.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have a look at my fuel log that I have been religiously keeping since July 2013 when I got my 1.2 Laureate. The car is my work car and I roam around Hull 5 days a week in it, usually doing 1-3 miles runs between my visits. I do drive like a nun on her period with a full mooncup though!! (Google it!! or ask a woman)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts