UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Dacia duster, the radio is the basic model. FM/AM with Bluetooth and CD.
Suddenly my radio does not pick up FM signal. I've tried every option. (Pressing radio button I get FM 1, FM 2 and AM)
Gone through the settings. Tried everything I can on/off.
If I manually tune to a frequency of a local station I can barely hear the station with lots of static.
Has anyone had this issue and fixed it?
This seemed to happen overnight.

·
Premium Member
4,022 Posts
I've got a Dacia duster, the radio is the basic model. FM/AM with Bluetooth and CD.
Suddenly my radio does not pick up FM signal. I've tried every option. (Pressing radio button I get FM 1, FM 2 and AM)
Gone through the settings. Tried everything I can on/off.
If I manually tune to a frequency of a local station I can barely hear the station with lots of static.
Has anyone had this issue and fixed it?
This seemed to happen overnight.
Are you sure that you have not lost your antenna ? :eek:

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,754 Posts
As Roger says it sounds like an aerial problem.

You don't say where in the country you are. Can you pick up the station on another radio so you can discount a transmitter fault/on low power for maintenance.
I take it you mean the Classic Radio:

Do you still have the original ~75 cm antenna rod (passive) on the roof?

If it has been replaced in the past by a "stubby antenna" if the job was done properly it should have been an active (amplified ) antenna installed which could have failed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Also, sometimes the screw fixing of the antenna gets so bad with corrosion that connection is lost. They can seize up to.
Sometimes the antenna cable can come out of the radio set itself.

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,754 Posts
The original antenna cable is crimped at the roof base and uses a locking Fakra connector at the radio so possible but not likely to fail overnight. So we need more info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts