UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bite point on my petrol stepway seems very high. The pedal is near the end of travel before the bite point is reached. Is this normal on all stepways? I am a bit concerned if the bite point gets any higher through time the clutch may start slipping.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
hi Katy's and welcome to dacia-dom the best dom to be in...

I just wanted to welcome you to the forum and say hi...the guys'll be along in a mo with suggestions...

they are good like that !

Congrats on your stepway....which colour/spec have you got?

Have you had chance to look at the Scottish McDacia forum in the Regional Groups.??

We are all meeting up on the 30th...week on saturday for a pre-christmas bash...have a look at the Announcement thread

http://www.daciaforum.co.uk/topic/2000-announcement/

to find the details...and if you want to come let me know and I'll add you to the list !!!

Best wishes

DM xx

·
Registered
24 Posts
The bite point on my petrol stepway seems very high. The pedal is near the end of travel before the bite point is reached. Is this normal on all stepways? I am a bit concerned if the bite point gets any higher through time the clutch may start slipping.
Hi Katy, welcome to the forum. The high biting point of your clutch is correct. It does seem strange when you first drive the car after perhaps driving a car which has a worn clutch. When a clutch starts to wear out the travel is very little, ie the pedal is very close to the floor when the bite happens. Don't worry after a few miles you will soon get used to the position of the bite.

Enjoy your new car ! :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Katy, welcome to the forum. The high biting point of your clutch is correct. It does seem strange when you first drive the car after perhaps driving a car which has a worn clutch. When a clutch starts to wear out the travel is very little, ie the pedal is very close to the floor when the bite happens. Don't worry after a few miles you will soon get used to the position of the bite.

Enjoy your new car ! :D
My clutch is the opposite, bite point is just less than half way up the travel of the pedal. I queried this with the dealership and was told that as a clutch wears, the bite point gets higher.

Maybe we both need a second opinion, but it may be worth logging your concern with the dealership.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Indeedy - trip to the dealer. The clutch will tend to bite 'higher' as it wears or as the cable stretches and can then be adjusted to take up any slack.

On a new car (or with a new clutch / cable) you would expect the clutch to 'drag' first just about a quarter of the way up. Full engagement (bite) of the clutch is normally expected to be at the mid point, or there abouts.

5-10 minute job for the dealer to sort.

Enjoy the Stepway!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hello all Dacia owners/lovers! :)

... but how about the clutch pedal travel? I think is pretty long, how do you feel about it? In time I'll get use to it (clutch bites till half way up) but it kind of blocks me to change gears a little bit sporty...

Respect!
I think you'll get used to it after a while - I've come from a bigger 4x4 diesel car with a heavy, almost agricultural, clutch to the petrol Stepway - first time I pressed the clutch I almost went through the floor of the car!

I think as time goes by, you get used to the 'bite' point anf just how far to really have to depress the pedal in order to make a smooth gear change - you don't have to go the full travel every time :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
My clutch pedal works fine and perfect. No noticable sidways (lateral) movement in normal position up or depressed after 500 miles.

·
Registered
895 Posts
your clutch sounds OK it has a automatic adjuster so it will always be in the best position mine is also high and that for the last 7 years

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
take a look in the engine bay

where the gearbox meets the engine its the gear change leaver from the clutch system

if u have a cable you will see it

if its hydraulic which i doubt you will have a hose

on my dacia supernova the clutch its hydraulic but i have a different gearbox than yours

on logan sandero and all the logan based models the clutch is on a cable self adjusted

1 - 10 of 10 Posts