UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Do we have anyone that is using their Duster for very high annual mileage, say 40K miles plus per year? If so, how is it holding up. I have the possibility of a new job that will require me to drive approx 50k per year in my own car. Would the Duster be suited to that?

I also thought about the 1.5 Diesel Logan as I think that is the same engine as the Duster, albeit with slightly less power.

Advice appreciated....

Matt

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Ditto ycfc almost exactly on miles and also since last May. I won't ever be doing 40k per year but it's the best driving position I've experienced and I never suffer any aches and pains on a journey.

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
I've driven almost 18,000 miles in 14 months in my Duster Access 4x4, mainly on motorways or dual carriageways. You might ask, "why didn't you buy a diesel model?" and I do have logical reasons for my choice but won't bore you with them here.

Anyway, unless you really need four-wheel drive, I would not recommend the Duster for driving 50,000 miles per year.

I think a low cost car, bought from new, is a good choice for this kind of mileage, since after 3 years any car you choose will have very little value. You might as well minimise the hit by buying cheap in the first place. Diesel-engined Dusters are good value but not cheap.

I would recommend the diesel-powered Logan MCV if you need the load capacity or the Diesel Sandero if you don't. However, some people find the seat in the Sandero unacceptably uncomfortable. I suspect the Logan will have the same seating. If you have any problems with the seat then 50,000 miles a year could cripple you! The Duster does have a more supportive and comfortable seat.

Even with a diesel engine the Duster will use more fuel than the other alternatives. I suspect it would be noisier at motorway speeds. You would be happier with the handling of the Logan or Sandero on anything but straight roads. By the way, the Logan seems to have a better ride than the Sandero on uneven roads.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys,
I think I might pose the question in the Logan Forum as I believe there are a couple of taxis over there. Also, from what I can gather the Logan can seem to get about 60mpg as compared to the Duster's 45ish.

Matt

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've my Duster just under 4 months now and have racked up nearly 12,000 miles. Mainly motorway.
Has good days and bad regarding diesel consumption, but overall not too many complaints.

Hoping to see some improvement after the 1st service but considering the mileage I do, high enough
consumption is to be expected. So far it averages close enough to what I was getting from a 2008 1.4D Corolla

·
Registered
139 Posts
I will have had my Duster Laureate 4x2 1.5 for 12 Months on the 13th of May.
I've clocked up just over 24,000 stress free miles and it had it's 2nd service yesterday. I find the Duster a very comfortable vehicle to drive with good visibility. Im averaging 48.6mpg on a full tank at the moment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts