UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The company I work for is considering hiring 4wd Dusters this winter if the roads get bad with snow again. I told my boss I didn't want one (I don't want to get stuck in the Highlands in a 4wd) but they're really more concerned with the central belt guys having to navigate those terrible motorways!

Actually my first thought was I didn't think there were that many Dusters that hiring was feasible but apparently there are and they are on the 'approved' list for the company.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Don't understand your reasoning there Troute - aren't you a lot more likely not get stuck in a normal 2wd car. Or do youngest want an excuse not to go there ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Years ago I was helped out of an icy slippy situation by a local farmer in his tractor, I said to him then I should get a 4x4 for this weather and he told me don't do it, if you get stuck in one of those I can't get you out, I can't go anywhere in the tractor that you can't go in a 4x4. I thought that was pretty reasonable, if you're not used to it a 4x4 can make you over confident and you're as likely or maybe more likely to get yourself stuck.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These days we have mobile phones and I don't work anywhere my phone doesn't :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
I for one still don't understand your logic Troute. Far best not to get into trouble, but if you do then it's surely best to be able to get yourself out of it without having to wait for someone else to come. Or, do I suspect rightly that you just want an excuse not to go places in winter weather because, as you will well know, there are a lot of them in the highlands where mobile phones don't work??

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well thanks for the sarcasm Alasdair (twice now in this thread). it's very much appreciated but as to your opinion of my work ethic all I can say is fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

·
Registered
288 Posts
It wasn't meant as sarcasm. I still don't understand his logic for not wanting a 4wd in winter conditions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Here we go again bickering by wat u want 4wd or car at the end of day no matter wat u drive gets stuck this a vechicle forum not fucking bickering forum where's all the moderates then ??? (Sort it out or get out )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts