UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw it earlier

not sure if it is deliberate or whether he made a mistake

in reviewing the Stepway, he has been quite derogatory, confusing issues with the duster that we all know about.

anyhoo he has spelt it 'STEPAWAY' now the serious way in which its written indicates to me it was a mistake - in which case, how do you trust a reviewer who overlooks proof reading? Whats he overlooking on the cars?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bitter to say the least.

Usually I think of it like, if your the only one, if no one else is writing these things, and most are in disagreement.

Maybe your wrong

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Maybe someone complained about the original review ? ;) I'll need to look to see if it still is my stepway pic he used. Lol.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
167 Posts
Gotta love readers reviews :p so often they are written after something goes wrong giving it a 0 or written after they just got their new car and giving it a 5/5 :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
saw it earlier
not sure if it is deliberate or whether he made a mistake

in reviewing the Stepway, he has been quite derogatory, confusing issues with the duster that we all know about.

anyhoo he has spelt it 'STEPAWAY' now the serious way in which its written indicates to me it was a mistake - in which case, how do you trust a reviewer who overlooks proof reading? Whats he overlooking on the cars?
hey lofty - as a new duster owner any chance you can point me in the right direction to read about the duster faults - im hoping its not going to make unpleasant reading lol as we are liking our laureate model :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mostly it was rust, more often on the white ones.
search rusty duster, its usually not too far down in the duster section.
however not all are affected.

my advice would be to not read it, just keep an eye on places under rubber seals and joins under bonnet and around windscreen. Just have a good look around your car now. And again in 2-3 weeks. If your still happy your likely fine.

trouble is with these threads as well as being invaluable, they can cause a nervous neurotic feeling that isnt really necessary alot of the time.

enjoy it and use it, its a tool for a purpose and itll perform brilliantly for you

·
Registered
15 Posts
ok that's great chaps thanks a lot :) a bloke did come up to me a week after I got our duster asking about it as he might look at one when he gets a new motor, but he had heard of rust issues but only on cars from India and not Romania as he heard that the workers were not plugging all the necessary bits underneath? no idea myself, but I can see how Chinese whispers start that get out of hand lol - so far we are happy with ours :)

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Mostly it was rust, more often on the white ones.
search rusty duster, its usually not too far down in the duster section.
however not all are affected.

my advice would be to not read it, just keep an eye on places under rubber seals and joins under bonnet and around windscreen. Just have a good look around your car now. And again in 2-3 weeks. If your still happy your likely fine.

trouble is with these threads as well as being invaluable, they can cause a nervous neurotic feeling that isnt really necessary alot of the time.

enjoy it and use it, its a tool for a purpose and itll perform brilliantly for you
Remember when reading the topic - only a handful of dusters have been affected...... Don't be put off by the scaremongering

L/G - While I agree with your thoughts about not panicking, I do have to say:

2-3 weeks isn't long enough: owners should really keep checking right up to expiry of the 2-yr paint warranty and a bit after that (who knows, you might get somewhere if you spot some "late" rustiness). Of course, owners should still keep checking regularly over the whole course of their ownership.

It is very clear, to my mind, that Dacias are not particularly well protected against rust. However, if the quality control was good during production, then the coatings are probably no worse (I would guess) than many other new cars at the lower end of the market. But they need to up their QC (particularly in India).

Only a handful of Duster (or any Dacia model) owners are forum members - we don't actually know what is happening out there. We don't know how many Dacias have had to be "rectified", we don't know whether the majority of owners even check or notice and we don't know whether dealer inspections etc are worth the paper they are written on (mine wasn't - I didn't have rust at hand-over, but I did have other defects that were not picked up).

So I'll offer a different message - enjoy your Dacia (I'm loving my Duster), but do not become complacent. Check, check, check! Do not assume your friendly dealer will spot ALL your problems for you.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Seriously. I have 47 separate areas of rust on my two week old RUSTER. How anyone on this forum still think its only a handful of cars suprises me. And to say its only white ones that are effected simply is not true. Whilst I was waiting for my car to be photographed there was another owner with a silver one having his photographed for rust issues. The dealer also pointed out a blue one that had just been delivered. He said he was not allowing it to go to the customer as he had looked at it and found rust. Wake up people.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Lucky? However I would guess that there will be issues in the future. And please don't get me wrong. .....rust apart I love the car. Its all that I expected, need and wanted. It is just so disappointing to be in this position and the customer service department really need a kick in the butt. I would however encourage people to read ALL reviews so they can make a balanced decision on all the information out there and so that should they have already taken the plunge, they are able to check their car.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I absolutely agree. As I said....a balanced decision on information available, good and bad......I would give the Duster a 10/10 on every level the rust issue aside......I cant be more honest or fare than that can I? I am not here to try and slate the car at every turn........but I still think that there is an issue that Dacia appear not to want to deal with appropriately.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts