UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, that certainly confirms the query about the production location.

Very interesting. I quite like the bit about adding a new line in April. I wonder if that's when they expect to have to fulfill a lot of UK orders.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great news, hopefully we'll soon start seeing them arrive at dealerships.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
I wonder if they'll be shipped direct to dealers or held in a dock somewhere?

Posted from my Galaxy S2, please excuse my grammar and spelling, fat fingers!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree about the new line interesting.

Another thing I read was that the prices in India had risen by 30,000 rupes for the petrol and 40,000 rupees fo deisel, before they had already produced any! I think that was from August.They seemed to be honouring the deposits prior to that.

Wonder if that will happen here?

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
I think if they did they'd score a massive own goal!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree but I worry

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Just done the conversion, roughly about £400 to £500

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yikes that is quite a hike

·
Registered
324 Posts
Here's the link

http://www.cardekho..../Renault_Duster

and this was one of the comments at the bottoms of the page:

"Renault's focus is to get Duster to the UK market first, that explains why Renault has provided so much clarity to UK customers on the exact date of launch ( online booking with only 100 pounds booking amount starts June 28th 2012). There are no such plans for India ( June?, Oct?, Diwali?). The fact is once UK requirements are meet, any excess production will be available for India, that could be the only reason they are not ready to commit anything for India.

Also, Renault is positioning Duster as a VFM 4×4 in the UK, and expects to get good sales numbers. Which explains why they are non-commital on 4×4 availability in India. The chances of 4×2 leftovers are higher than 4×4.
In short, UK will have higher priority in sales, spares, support, dealer network etc.
over India.
Another reason for Renault shying away from providing any details in India could be the fact that simply they lack the confidence to take on the biggies like Mahindra, Maruti and Ford who would shortly come up with competing compact SUVs. India is still a difficult market for them as all their products have flopped, not that they were serious about India on these products either. Another possibility is given the bad economic conditions, Renault may want to play safe by going in for low volume, high return markets first and sell any excess production to Indian market.
At this moment it seems to be a big gamble to buy Renault Duster. Makes sense to wait for other competing products like Ford Ecosport, Maruti Alpha to also get launched and then take a call. I really have a doubt Renault's half hearted second attempt to make a mark in India is going to bear fruits."

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Thought I'd also take a look on the Dacia.co.uk website, saw this in the FAQ:

Manufacturer's Recommended Retail Prices are also be guaranteed not to change over the pre-ordering phase, from 28th June 2012 to 31st December 2012.
So, at the end of the year, who knows!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think that chucking down a £100 deposit was a sensible thing to do.

If they get big orders, you can bet your life that the price will be going up!

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
When do you need to pay in full? Half-tempted to put down my deposit now, but I really do want to test-drive one before hand.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I haven't heard a word about that.

I asked about when everything would be happening with whole process when I went to see the dealer. He seemed to say that it would be around the time the RHD dusters would be arriving; january. Not sure whetehr it was to agree the order or to pay.

I suppose that, as I built the car and placed the deposit, I should have some form of contract with Dacia.

Loads and loads of questions about all of ths. Frustrating and exciting, lol

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
Wahey!

Pictures of the first. Rhd dusters being loaded onto ship for the UK

http://indianautosbl...dia-begin-56162
The window sticker presumably showing the destination of Newcastle is interesting. It suggests the Dusters will arrive at the Port of Tyne, which is where Nissan ship their Sunderland-built vehicles from.
Good news for me, living in Sunderland. One of those 350 cars might be mine!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Dash is quite different to my Greek car. I rether like the silver panel although the tray above the glove box looks a bit odd. Not sure what the piece is in the middle above the air vents.

Tried to load an image of my dash but it won't work. Must be the particular picture because others have uploaded.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's wierd, but I get an email everytime someone posts on the fora, and your e-mail contained a link to the photo.

It's your cabin and there are blue and white beads hanging from the rear view mirror.

Was that the photo you meant to post?

·
Registered
137 Posts
That's the 1 Tony. It sits in Photobucket, with the others, but doesn't want to upload. Wierd.

The beeds were given to me by a Greek friend. They all use them and I thought it might help with the local constabulary if I ever get stopped

Nick, If you look at the pictures I put on my first post there are only the 2 of the outside. I also attempted to upload the interior shot but there's no picture. There are a couple of words saying "Posted Image".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts