UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

How do I replace Dacia Sandero Stepway Laureate Tce (0.9) passenger side wing mirror unit?
Totally broken off so need a complete new unit. Trying to remove the interior panel - is this simply pop off with a screwdriver or is there something I should do first?? Help - very new to this! Also - can anyone share a link for the correct unit to buy?
Dan
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive mirror Vehicle

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
2,035 Posts
Are you claiming on insurance? Isn't it a body colour mirror?. They don't come painted only primed. The last time It happened to me in a company car it had to go to a body shop for 4 full working days so they could match the paint.

So unless you salvaged the the coloured parts undamaged you are looking at an expensive repair.

·
Premium Member
2020 Sandero Stepway, 1977 MGB Roadster
272 Posts
From memory the panel should pop off, but try to use something wider than a screwdriver - the correct tool is available. Look carefully for where it’s attached to the door frame before you start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you claiming on insurance? Isn't it a body colour mirror?. They don't come painted only primed. The last time It happened to me in a company car it had to go to a body shop for 4 full working days so they could match the paint.

So unless you salvaged the the coloured parts undamaged you are looking at an expensive repair.
Thank you - will try a breakers then!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not looked at the Sandero one yet, put usually, you prise off the inside cover and they tend to have either two or three screws/bolts, holding the whole unit on. It should be straight forward to swap out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts