UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

I test drove a duster the other day & noticed the 'beep-beep-beep-' when the indicators were on.

While I'd agree it's handy & I'm sure you get used to it, I wondered if anyone knew how to eliminate it?

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
I just love the loud indicator beeper and my (adult) children laugh out loud and talk endlessly about it (OK, they take the Mickey) whenever they hear it.
I'm sure you cannot turn it off so just enjoy it as one of the quirky features of this rather unique car.
This post reminds of another feature of the Duster that appeals to me. Not only does it have a 12V power point but also a proper cigarette lighter to plug into it and an ashtray. Now, I'm a lifelong non-smoker but I love the anti-PC nature of this facility.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I currently drive a Citroen Picasso and the indicators on that are the sort of click that can be made by using your tonge against the roof of your mouth. I found it funny at first buy as Chris says, you get used to it. So much so that when I eventually get my Duster I might find myself "tongue clicking" along to the beep ;-)

"Click"

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I personally think the indicators sound like a demented mouse......but its adds character to the car.....boring clicks are two a penny...demented mouse, as common as the Duster in which it resides :)

·
Registered
836 Posts
I personally think the indicators sound like a demented mouse......but its adds character to the car.....boring clicks are two a penny...demented mouse, as common as the Duster in which it resides :)
Prehaps with the water problem we should be looking at water born noises , how about a duck noise , quack ,quack . :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
The indicators have to be audible for construction and use regulations and for the M.O.T in the future.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found it really noticeable on my test drive.

I'd advise you to ignore it. In a few weeks, you won't even know its there............

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I've been driving my wife's Suzuki while I'm waiting for my Duster and the indicators are so quiet I keep leaving them on! People must just think I'm an old f4rt....... um.......... :unsure:

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
happened to me today too skrich.....I had another birthday recently....not a big one....but OMG !! And I can't listen to Radio 1 for the racket it makes.....and going back to my driving up and down the A9, Classic FM somehow fits the scenery better.....

I know....I'm an old f$%t too :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
happened to me today too skrich.....I had another birthday recently....not a big one....but OMG !! And I can't listen to Radio 1 for the racket it makes.....and going back to my driving up and down the A9, Classic FM somehow fits the scenery better.....

I know....I'm an old f$%t too :)
+1 for the old f$%t club :D

I've got kinda used to the indicator beep, but my little lad thinks its hilarious, especially after I told him it was a hamster living behind the steering wheel.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
on here somewhere is a poll...most of the duster owners seem to be "north of 40"...does that make this the "old f$%t's club"????? :D

oh and just in case....yes I am....north of 40 that is :D

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
There's probably an adjustment somewhere but I've no idea where that would be, maybe one of our European members can answer that as they've had the cars much longer.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i think the noise is generated from the relay that controles the delay for flashing of the indicators, if you swap it out for another model with the same pin out you should be able to change it for on that goes click

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
A93 is right its in the relay
This is valid on any brand not just dacia
The sounds used are diferent to brands high pitch lower pitch whatever they think in the crreation department
Can't turnit off its a pasive safety thing so u don't leave them on by accident and u are able to hear it in the daytime light when the sun light is more powerfull then than the dash lights

·
Registered
230 Posts
if the relay is the as the one used in the cleo swap it our for on of those as that goes 'click' 'click'

·
Registered
230 Posts
should just be a stanard part. pop the cover for the relay/fuse box in the car and put the indicator on the find it. pop it out and take it to halfords.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts