UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

How do people find the power on a Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential 5dr when putting your foot down, is it slow to power up and slow to power along on the motorway as its only a 999 cc ? Are you pretty much never able to get in the over taking lane?

Registered
I was impressed with my .9 steppy.
Very keen unit. That tiny turbo really helps it. I nearly got it remapped but didn't because they get a little squirrely above 80, apparently.....I would of needed better dampers and brakes!
Don't worry about it, unless the car will be towing or constantly ferrying rugby players around.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not bothered about how powerful the car is, wether the clutch judders etc .... just wanting to know if the 1.0 Sandero cylinder turbo is more likely to have issues or break than a 1.2 ... 4 cylinder?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

Registered
All modern engines are ticking timebombs and any turbo can let go, especially how people misuse them and silly service intervals.
You will struggle to find a small engined vehicle that produces near 100hp without a turbo today due to all the cats and dpf filters fitted to cars today.
Some call it progress and you maybe suffering from progress anxiety.
I get it all the time.

Premium Member
2020 Sandero Stepway, 1977 MGB Roadster
In post no. 1 you ask how powerful the car is, in post no.5 you鈥檙e saying you鈥檙e not bothered how powerful the car is. You鈥檙e asking does it have a turbo in no.6, and in the same post you point out that it does.
Like B.sausage above, we鈥檙e all here to help, but please give us a clear message so that we can.
As I said in your other thread, the tce engine has been around for a long time in a lot of cars. Mine seems quite happy at the equivalent of 85mph on French autoroutes.

Registered
The 1.0 TCe bi-fuel engine has an output power of 100 bhp and a max torque of 170 nm at 2750 rpm. Put that sort of engine in a car of just over a tonne and it isn't rocket science to work out this will result in reasonable performance.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How do people find the air conditoning in the car Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel? any issues?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone know how I can get a Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel Essential 5dr sooner as I am getting told I have to order one for delivery by May/June?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all, if anyone can find me a new car under 拢11,000 that would be great...ie one which is available now.

Registered
How do people find the air conditoning in the car Dacia Sandero 1.0 TCe Bi-Fuel? any issues?
Full automatic aircon works just fine here in Spain. But I usually park underground so it's seldom boiling when I start a trip.

/Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts