UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How the hell do you change windscreen wipers?

I bought some and tried to take off and put back on the original ones today. Figured if I can take them on and off then the new ones would be a breeze. NOT.

I managed to get the original one off on the passenger side only. But now I cannot get it back on.

On the metal arm there seems to be a plastic clip on it. I've tried different angles etc and looked at all youtube videos but the one on the sandero look different.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finished - I can now laugh about it.

LOL what a hassle. Took me near enough to an hour to complete! But I feel proud of myself now - did not have to SOS dad or God forbid -- neighbour :D

I managed to get the clip off by "unclipping" it and pushing down on it. I have no idea why the clip was detached from the wiper - maybe I broke it? Just as well I got new wipers which by the way I changed by myself!! :D

The video which did it for me after much concentration and after many repeats was simply this one:

The only difference is the hook is different way round so I had to mirror it. So confusing.

Well now I know and hopefully next time will be easier.

Thanks guys!

I will save the rear wiper for as long as I can I think.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Terrible thing to admit but I just pop down to the local Halfords who for a small fee fit them' the buggers always come off a hell of a lot easier then going back on

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I feel your pain, on my pixo I scrapped alot of the paint off the arms changing wiper blades (it used to destroy them within 2 months)
Our c Max ones just lift up and slide off a spoke type thing like a dream

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
382 Posts
I can fit a pair of wipers in 1 minute (genuine timing) and do frequently free of charge for my customers.... The comment is always.... "Is it that easy?" to which I often reply "it is after 20 years of practice...."

sorry if I sound smug :) but I cant believe Halfords charge as much as they do for something that take 60 seconds...

Now Headlight bulbs that's a different matter.... I supply the bulb and tell em to fit em themselves.... or go to Halfords and pay the tenner fitting....

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Bulbs can be a bloody nightmare now to fit. You have to either remove half the engines "covers" or have the hands of a 5 year old to get in!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
The bulbs look pretty easy to get to on my Logan... haven't tried yet though. The side repeaters are always the ones that get me, do you twist or pop them off with a screwdriver? Always worried ill break them either way.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
The Stepway is pretty good for changing the bulbs, lots of room considering.
My Passat wasn't great you could either see the bulb or hold the bulb but not both, plus the bulbs didn't have a clip it was a small retainer arm which meant they liked to pop off.
My other half's Corsa is the worst, I actually pay Halfords to do that one (they look at you strange when you hand over a trade card and ask for fitting until they see the car!).
The best cars I've had for this were my Mondeo and Focus, the whole headlight unit popped out to change the bulbs which is sooooo easy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
A few years ago (when I was more naive), my Polo's headlight bulb blew, was advised by VW that it had to be done by an agent as they had to remove part of the bumper to replace the bulb. Found out a few years later that it was just a simple torx screw and a clip (when I did it myself).
The wonder of forums.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts