UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

We're soon to be owners of our first brand-new Duster.

I'm curious to know if anyone had to wait the full 6 months to retrieve their car? I really want it to be soon but can't get the thought out of my mind knowing I may have to wait 6 months. I was told it may arrive sooner.

Thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi, congratulations you won't be disappointed they are great cars. I always try and find a dealer that has the car in stock. I bought my brand new unregistered Duster from a dealer who had 2 and got it in less than a week. I think if I had to wait 6 months I'd look elsewhere.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, congratulations you won't be disappointed they are great cars. I always try and find a dealer that has the car in stock. I bought my brand new unregistered Duster from a dealer who had 2 and got it in less than a week. I think if I had to wait 6 months I'd look elsewhere.
Hi,

How long ago was this and what was the name of the dealership?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

I ordered my duster prestige from my dealer in January and picked it up on the 1st March.

They had 2 available in their pipeline at the time and fortunately one of the colours was our first choice of iron blue, if we would have had to place an order we were advised a delivery time of approx 4 months.

We purchased it from Hendy Dacia in Tunbridge wells, as a group Hendy do seem to have access to a decent pipeline so may be worth giving them a call.

Paul

·
Registered
310 Posts
Should have clarified. It's a 4x4 prestige and they said it will be a re-fit of something that's in some stage of production...
Pretty sure modifications can't be done currently and haven't been able to have been possible for some time now, I would expect a call in May/June to say that it has been delayed until September lol!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pretty sure modifications can't be done currently and haven't been able to have been possible for some time now, I would expect a call in May/June to say that it has been delayed until September lol!
Thanks for that! :(
Not! ;)

The only benefit will be it'll be a 222 instead of a 221 then (Irish reg)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,

I ordered my duster prestige from my dealer in January and picked it up on the 1st March.

They had 2 available in their pipeline at the time and fortunately one of the colours was our first choice of iron blue, if we would have had to place an order we were advised a delivery time of approx 4 months.

We purchased it from Hendy Dacia in Tunbridge wells, as a group Hendy do seem to have access to a decent pipeline so may be worth giving them a call.

Paul
We made our purchase with Hendy as well but in Poole.

We went for Metallic iron blue, 1.0 Tce Bio-fuel, and comfort trim. I guess it's the luck of the draw whether they have one available or not. At least I know from the above comments that there's a waiting list.

I'm just overall concerned to find out how long it takes when I'm not asking for a lot, but then again this is my first time purchasing a brand new car so expect the unexpected.

·
Registered
310 Posts
It was a year ago and it was perrys in St Albans, if you go on auto trader you can find a good few available for immediate sale
Majority of these dealers offering new cars for immediate delivery don't actually have them and they are factory orders, I'm seeing this more and more frequently when I have someone in after a Dacia or Renault, an ad is produced which implies immediate delivery, after a phone call it transpires that in fact there is no such car available.

Many dealers are also being economical with the truth ref lead times, we are honest and tell it as it is, many say "3 to 4 months", to get the order in and then let the purchaser down a few months later, by then it's already been on order 3 or 4 months so they figure what's another 2 to 3 months, they could go elsewhere but that have to start all over again.

There will be the odd dealer out there who has cancelled orders but have kept the order live, I've a Sandero Comfort in Slate grey on order (was my sisters, she cancelled) that is due in June time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Majority of these dealers offering new cars for immediate delivery don't actually have them and they are factory orders, I'm seeing this more and more frequently when I have someone in after a Dacia or Renault, an ad is produced which implies immediate delivery, after a phone call it transpires that in fact there is no such car available.

Many dealers are also being economical with the truth ref lead times, we are honest and tell it as it is, many say "3 to 4 months", to get the order in and then let the purchaser down a few months later, by then it's already been on order 3 or 4 months so they figure what's another 2 to 3 months, they could go elsewhere but that have to start all over again.

There will be the odd dealer out there who has cancelled orders but have kept the order live, I've a Sandero Comfort in Slate grey on order (was my sisters, she cancelled) that is due in June time.
That ties in exactly with my experience when I first started looking in January, quite a few ads on autotrader claiming that vehicles were in stock but when you called them they had either mysteriously just sold or their was an error with the ad!
They were all happy to order one from the factory for me though...

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm sure things must have changed since I bought mine, the dealer had two Techroad Dusters both exactly the same and ridiculously cheap. I paid 16k for it and used ones are going for a lot more than that now. Strange times I guess

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone. I've recently ordered the Dacia duster extreme SE, as I fell in love with the one in the show room. I too have been told there is a 6 month waiting list and to expect my new car to arrive around September, but possibly sooner. They also told me dusters are made in Romania. I also googled why cars are taking so long to arrive in the UK and apparently its something to do with a chip? They use for making new cars and there's a shortage? I must admit as I'm so impatient I myself am thinking of cancelling my order.

·
Premium Member
2020 Sandero Stepway II, 1977 MGB Roadster
426 Posts
So you cancel your order and then what? Continue with your old car until the supply improves, in which case you might as well order one and be patient. Or try a different make, and be told there will be a delay because of a shortage of chips? The problem seems to be affecting all makers.

Stick with it - you’ll enjoy it even more when you get it, especially if it arrives sooner than expected.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi everyone. I've recently ordered the Dacia duster extreme SE, as I fell in love with the one in the show room. I too have been told there is a 6 month waiting list and to expect my new car to arrive around September, but possibly sooner. They also told me dusters are made in Romania. I also googled why cars are taking so long to arrive in the UK and apparently its something to do with a chip? They use for making new cars and there's a shortage? I must admit as I'm so impatient I myself am thinking of cancelling my order.
Knowing the above posts and what's going on now I'd personally wait. It's unfortunate that we have to wait but if that's the case then so be it. Another option is to fish around and see if you can get one early or buy second hand.

I was in Spain last week and it was interesting to see so many Dacia Duster roaming Barcelona. It was amusing to see but annoying knowing I could be driving mine, haha! Oh well...I guess it may be high demand there compared to here or easier to transport? Not sure, but either way I don't want to lose out on the deposit so best to keep on waiting and hope it arrives early.

·
Registered
310 Posts
It will be October, there is a global microchip shortage causing global delays in productions of everything with microchips, this issue is now likely to go on until at least 2024, Renault/Dacia are in a far better position that many other manufacturers, VW group are generally running in to at least a year on many of their models.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts