UK Dacia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
At a Dacia Dealer last week looking for a new Duster and was told October/ November.
As I needed one sooner I opted for one of the secondhand ones on offer.Got a decent trade in and a good deal all round.Pick the Duster up end of next week.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Probably worth ringing all the dealers you can find. There are a few cancelled orders sitting in dealerships - I just bought one - so you can probably find one somewhere which will be the spec and colour you want. The UK is pretty small really, so buying blind and a train ride to collect is probably worth saving a six month wait.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I really hit it lucky, didn't want to wait 6 months so resigned to ex/demo, nearly new.
Right time/right place...snagged a 1.3 130 duster prestige same week when called a dealer who had just received one in straight from the factory, un-registered zero miles, and also at Dacia RRP which was a surprise as most dealers are hiking the prices for low mileage ex-demo just because of the scarcity.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Nearly 8 months. Still, better late than never. 4x4 Commercial.
Waw, 8 months!? When and where did you order yours?

I'm nearly coming up to 4 months and I got a feeling this will be it. The more I wait the more I should've ventured out to see if there was one in stock before ordering locally.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Waw, 8 months!? When and where did you order yours?

I'm nearly coming up to 4 months and I got a feeling this will be it. The more I wait the more I should've ventured out to see if there was one in stock before ordering locally.
As soon as orders were opened for the new model - Oct 1st, from Renault Swindon. Hopefully lead times have come down a bit. That said, I enquired about a new mini recently and was told 7 months from order, so it isn't specifically a Dacia issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
this is from another forum and i take no credit for it, thanks to dacia ben for this.
seems to be a list of cancelled orders and it is Dacia website so should be accurate.
Is this new or have they always showed this on their site? Cuz I couldn't find it myself.

Is it possible to contact the dealership to request one of the vehicles on that list and have the order replaced?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is this new or have they always showed this on their site? Cuz I couldn't find it myself.

Is it possible to contact the dealership to request one of the vehicles on that list and have the order replaced?
Not sure what the score is for cancelling an order. Suppose you'd have to be quite insistent with your dealer as they won't be keen to lose a sale but it obviously is possible as I got a cancelled order. I did not see this part of the site either and I was on it plenty before I bought a car.
Seems pretty straightforward, phone the named dealer and see if they have what it says. You may have to compromise on your ideal choice as it's someone else's spec you're getting, but if it's your lucky day.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Not sure what the score is for cancelling an order. Suppose you'd have to be quite insistent with your dealer as they won't be keen to lose a sale but it obviously is possible as I got a cancelled order. I did not see this part of the site either and I was on it plenty before I bought a car.
Seems pretty straightforward, phone the named dealer and see if they have what it says. You may have to compromise on your ideal choice as it's someone else's spec you're getting, but if it's your lucky day.....
If all goes well I'd say its my lucky day because the Duster we ordered is the exact same one on that stock list. I'll give them a call tomorrow because 4 months or more is a pain.

Same, I was on that site before we ordered ours and couldn't find it. Bit suspicious of it actually.

·
Registered
310 Posts
It's very unlikely those cars will be available, it's showing that we have available Dusters and Stepways, we don't!

As I've mentioned elsewhere it isn't a live system, it is updated manually every few weeks or so so the info is only as good as the moment it was uploaded, I've flagged this up with Dacia previously, apparently they are moving to a live version at some point.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's very unlikely those cars will be available, it's showing that we have available Dusters and Stepways, we don't!

As I've mentioned elsewhere it isn't a live system, it is updated manually every few weeks or so so the info is only as good as the moment it was uploaded, I've flagged this up with Dacia previously, apparently they are moving to a live version at some point.
Bummer, seems you'd need to be extremely lucky to there at the right time. Back to the old fashioned grind of telephoning each and every dealer you can find.
Just for info, Lookers Carlisle is where my jackpot landed!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Worth a try but I contacted my dealership and what I suggest wouldn't happen.

"Sadly, no dealership will agree to swap cars around the country in the current market as they would (if they do in fact have the odd car in stock) sell it immediately to a local customer."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone ever got their deposit back whilst waiting for their car? My order is still unmatched and I was thinking about maybe canceling that and going after something sooner via auto trader- there are some dealers saying September delivery- or is that also lies?

·
Registered
52 Posts
My order for a Duster extreme SE in Urban Grey was placed on June 1 (I actually thought it had been ordered 2 days previous but never mind) The dealer I have ordered through seems to be a 100% genuine guy and he has quoted 6 months possibly 7 so I guess it's just a waiting game. Got to say I am more excited about getting the Duster than I was when I got the BMW :ROFLMAO:. The Duster just appeals more to me. Hopefully be here before Santa! Thinking to get dealer to fit All Season tyres before I pick it up too and that will save the inconvenience later on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Our order for a new Duster 4 x 4 diesel Prestige in Fusion Red was placed in mid November 2021. We are still waiting and hope to hear some good news this week coming, the delivery date having been put back twice, first promised in March and then May this year. Then we were told the second half of June.

Having established a trade in value and signed the contract in November, does anyone know if we will be penalised for the extra milage on our current Duster albeit not a lot more?

I will be contacting the dealer in the next couple of days. I will keep the forum posted on any developments.

Dustermick.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts