UK Dacia Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,226 Posts
Our order for a new Duster 4 x 4 diesel Prestige in Fusion Red was placed in mid November 2021. We are still waiting and hope to hear some good news this week coming, the delivery date having been put back twice, first promised in March and then May this year. Then we were told the second half of June.

Having established a trade in value and signed the contract in November, does anyone know if we will be penalised for the extra milage on our current Duster albeit not a lot more?

I will be contacting the dealer in the next couple of days. I will keep the forum posted on any developments.

Dustermick.
When I had to wait for delivery of my new Sepway (>6 months) I was told that the p/x price would hold, as agreed and it did. Wolverhampton Renault. I assume they took the wait into consideration when they gave me my cars p/x value ! ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Our order for a new Duster 4 x 4 diesel Prestige in Fusion Red was placed in mid November 2021. We are still waiting and hope to hear some good news this week coming, the delivery date having been put back twice, first promised in March and then May this year. Then we were told the second half of June.

Having established a trade in value and signed the contract in November, does anyone know if we will be penalised for the extra milage on our current Duster albeit not a lot more?

I will be contacting the dealer in the next couple of days. I will keep the forum posted on any developments.

Dustermick.
depends on the dealer i suppose, when i was first looking for brand new and was trading in, my local guy said they'd do a price on the car at current value and hold it at that, assuming no damage etc but not a problem with extra miles.
p.s. love the fusion red, if i had the choice it was definitely that i wanted,

·
Registered
92 Posts

Dustermick.
All I can say is that I would have given up by now but seeing as it's their fault I'd refuse to pay any penalty if they do ask

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I'm not sure if this has been updated but I was browsing the Dacia Duster website today and noticed they've undergone a brand appearance change. The Duster has been updated slightly but the most concerning part is the option for bio-fuel has been removed. Very concerning considering ours is petrol and bio-fuel. The order for the new version will only take place next year in April.

I contacted Hendy's Group to discuss this change and from what I'm told the reason for Dacia removing the bio-fuel is due to demand, chip shortage (which makes no difference), and lack of stations that provide gas in the UK. I did ask whether our vehicle will still be covered due to the change and he said yes.

I'm not too impressed by the fact that I found this out myself even though I would expect Hendy's Group to notify me via email or call. Not a big deal but still when you're waiting this long and changes are being made you'd want to be in the loop, right?

·
Registered
310 Posts
The dropping of the bifuel version is due to component shortages, some parts are made in Ukraine, we've been told that they will try their best to fulfill existing orders but lead times will likely be extended,, it's all up in the air and Dacia cannot confirm anything.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My order for a Duster extreme SE in Urban Grey was placed on June 1 (I actually thought it had been ordered 2 days previous but never mind) The dealer I have ordered through seems to be a 100% genuine guy and he has quoted 6 months possibly 7 so I guess it's just a waiting game. Got to say I am more excited about getting the Duster than I was when I got the BMW :ROFLMAO:. The Duster just appeals more to me. Hopefully be here before Santa! Thinking to get dealer to fit All Season tyres before I pick it up too and that will save the inconvenience later on.
Had all season tyres put on my Stepway and it was a god send as I do a lot of cross country travel and farm work all times of the day/year.They we’re Nexen tyres and came out well in the reviews back in 2017.
Had to order them from Europe and had them fitted locally,not by the dealer.Post Brexit the tyres may cost a lot more now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Had all season tyres put on my Stepway and it was a god send as I do a lot of cross country travel and farm work all times of the day/year.They we’re Nexen tyres and came out well in the reviews back in 2017.
Had to order them from Europe and had them fitted locally,not by the dealer.Post Brexit the tyres may cost a lot more now.
Thanks for that info. Nexen tyres do get pretty good reviews. I find all Season tyres are adequate for the British winters now due to the climate changes taking place.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

We're soon to be owners of our first brand-new Duster.

I'm curious to know if anyone had to wait the full 6 months to retrieve their car? I really want it to be soon but can't get the thought out of my mind knowing I may have to wait 6 months. I was told it may arrive sooner.

Thanks.
Hi
Sorry to say but we ordered ours on 09/11/21 and as of 27/06/22 it still has not even arrived in England yet.

Terry

·
Registered
52 Posts
That’s not so good Terry and not what I was wanting to hear. Do you know if it has entered production yet, also what model and extras have you ordered? Reason I ask is that adding extras can delay delivery by a few weeks as some of these items are fitted at the import centre at Portbury. Hopefully you’ll be able to update this post with a car delivered post!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Hi
Sorry to say but we ordered ours on 09/11/21 and as of 27/06/22 it still has not even arrived in England yet.

Terry
That's not very good news! I'm also curious on the status of the vehicle. Surely, you should know by now what stage its at??

As I said many times to myself. I'm gonna give it the said 6 month and if nothing happens then I'm going to look elsewhere. I'll try my luck in finding something in stock or if worse go completely off Dacia and look at another car brand. I was thinking of SsangYong SUV.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don’t think I would go the SsangYong route as I read somewhere that the company is bankrupt. You would be better to go Kia or Hyundai then you could get something a year or two old and still have decent warranty left on it. I’m just hoping that my order will be fulfilled by the end of the year or I’ll need to re-think. I really want the Duster though as it appeals to me but failing that it will be back to Kia Sportage.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I don’t think I would go the SsangYong route as I read somewhere that the company is bankrupt. You would be better to go Kia or Hyundai then you could get something a year or two old and still have decent warranty left on it. I’m just hoping that my order will be fulfilled by the end of the year or I’ll need to re-think. I really want the Duster though as it appeals to me but failing that it will be back to Kia Sportage.
Oh! I didn't come across that. I'll be sure to research it.

Only reason I chose SsangYong because it was in our price range and isn't as expensive as the Duster higher specs (I think). 15k to 17k is our range. Maybe more but cheaper the better.

My searching brought me to SsangYong so yeah.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Still no real news on arrival of the new Duster.

The salesman promised it would be here between 13th and 22nd of June. I don't understand their systems, but on one the car is listed, and on the other it's not showing because it still hasn't been despatched to the UK. Even more disturbing is that the salesman mentioned that cars ordered before ours are arriving here. Something I read somewhere makes me think that this might be because it is the 4x4.

I asked about being penalised with regard to mileage on trading in the old car, and was reassured by the salesman that it wouldn't make any difference.

Should I contact Dacia directly? There's only so much information that the salesman can give, and I'm thinking that talking directly to the horse's mouth might be more helpful.

DusterMick

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·

The salesman promised it would be here between 13th and 22nd of June. I don't understand their systems, but on one the car is listed, and on the other it's not showing because it still hasn't been despatched to the UK. Even more disturbing is that the salesman mentioned that cars ordered before ours are arriving here. Something I read somewhere makes me think that this might be because it is the 4x4.

I asked about being penalised with regard to mileage on trading in the old car, and was reassured by the salesman that it wouldn't make any difference.

Should I contact Dacia directly? There's only so much information that the salesman can give, and I'm thinking that talking directly to the horse's mouth might be more helpful.

DusterMick
The last time I spoke to Dacia support, I was told to contact my dealership and find out the information from them. At that point, I didn't think they were of any use to me so left it at that.

You can check on Dacia website on what new vehicles they have in stock and what I've done is contacted a dealership to see if they have the same spec as the one I ordered. I have received a reply from them saying they have Bio-fuel in stock but it was the Essential pack whereas ours is the Comfort. I responded back with this mentioned and will wait to see what he/she says.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ordered mine 2 weeks ago and all I know at the moment is "May or June..." ?

DusterMick
Still no sign except computer says end of July. 4x4 as well.

Anyone notice 4x4 not listed on websites anymore?

Rebadged and names of versions changed. but on the .co.uk site - "build yours" - no 4x4 option

.ie site build yours goes nowhere! "OOPS! The page you are looking for does not exist."

·
Registered
17 Posts
Update: Buildable now, but no 4x4 still. Curious. Mine's in production still. I like the new badge on the front. Not sure about the rear lettering yet. I presume I'll be getting the old badge. Eventually............

·
Registered
17 Posts
They say how long the build process is?
I posted a bit earlier in the thread. I ordered end of Feb with an ETA of May/June. Was pushed out to end of July a couple months ago. I checked the other day and it still says that. So, approximately 5 months, so far. I know sanderos coming from Morocco were much faster and I think the 4x2 (much more popular) Dusters were a bit faster. I don't know for sure, but the extra delay may be due to the order in the queue becasue the 4x4 is a relative rarity in the works as well as requiring some additional electronics the 4x2s don't have? like what ever is required for the tilt and pitch visual graphic available on the screen?

41 - 60 of 60 Posts