UK Dacia Forum banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Some news on the car a few days ago. It was on the list for import, but we just had to wait.

In desperation phoned Dacia helpline. What a waste of time! They never got back back to me, and when I called a few days later, I was was told it is an "incoming" help centre and they couldn't help me. As I say, a waste of time.

A couple of days ago, I heard from the much more useful salesman that it was about to be imported. Unexpectedly this morning he called again to say the car is in UK and waiting to be transported to dealers, and will call me again on Tuesday to let me know what's happening. (He has a day off on Monday, and probably deserves it.)

I think I can see the whites of the new Duster's headlights!

Hopefully I'll post again soon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Good news! I've got myself a new Duster!
Some news on the car a few days ago. It was on the list for import, but we just had to wait.

In desperation phoned Dacia helpline. What a waste of time! They never got back back to me, and when I called a few days later, I was was told it is an "incoming" help centre and they couldn't help me. As I say, a waste of time.

A couple of days ago, I heard from the much more useful salesman that it was about to be imported. Unexpectedly this morning he called again to say the car is in UK and waiting to be transported to dealers, and will call me again on Tuesday to let me know what's happening. (He has a day off on Monday, and probably deserves it.)

I think I can see the whites of the new Duster's headlights!

Hopefully I'll post again soon.
Congrats!

I as well got good news too and I recommend anyone who is lucky enough to do the same. Today, I browsed Dacia Duster's new stock list and saw a Bio-fuel Duster. The same spec as ours but the colour was different which I no longer cared for at that point, I just wanted the vehicle.

I immediately called the dealership and long story short the car is available to be picked up. I and my wife am gonna have quite the trip in picking it up and heading home. The reason why the vehicle was available was because the previous customer canceled the order for those wondering. I'd say that's my journey here finished, and hope everyone gets theirs.

Also, the Dacia Duster stock list was updated straight after so it does seem to be a case of being a first-come-first-serve, so get in there!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had a guy order a 4x4 Duster in November, he picked it this week.
Any specific reason known for the excessive delays? They churning out the 2wd ones fine enough. Ordered my 4wd end of February. May/June pushed out to July. Now just found out delivery ETA is early October. So roughly same 8 mos. as you state. Is it a component or components in the 4wd or are they just getting bumped out as they make as many of the more popular 2wds?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Update: Buildable now, but no 4x4 still. Curious. Mine's in production still. I like the new badge on the front. Not sure about the rear lettering yet. I presume I'll be getting the old badge. Eventually............
I was told I would be getting the old badge on the one that is due for delivery in September

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got the new Duster yesterday, so the wait time was just short of 8 months. It's the 4x4 in Fusion Red, which looks great in the sunshine. Never having seen the 4x4 in the flesh, so to speak, I didn't appreciate the minor differences from the previous car. The boot is smaller as the spare wheel is now in there. Also, something minor, there's no drawer under the passenger seat, which was ideal for the manuals which will now fill the glovebox.

All nearly went well with the changeover at Stoneacre, having prepared all the documents well in advance. For the old car, I'd bought a £25 MOT warranty, and used it for the first MOT. Subsequently I bought another. Then I started wondering about changing the car, and asked Stoneacre about transfer to another car. Possible, but they would fleece me another £10. I argued that I wasn't told this when I bought the warranty, and there was a change of heart, and they would leave a note on the computer to waive the £10 if I did change the car. Anyway, I called Stoneacre to make the transfer, to be told there were no notes on the system and I would have to pay. I haven't paid, and won't pay good money after bad. Yes my loss, but I won't support a shady company. Other drivers be warned.

In passing, has anyone else noticed that service charges through Stoneacre call centre are very much higher than if you go directly through the Service department at the garage itself?

Enough of my complaining. I need to get out and take some pictures of the new car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

We're soon to be owners of our first brand-new Duster.

I'm curious to know if anyone had to wait the full 6 months to retrieve their car? I really want it to be soon but can't get the thought out of my mind knowing I may have to wait 6 months. I was told it may arrive sooner.

Thanks.
Ordered mine on 9th November 2021 and it is now July 2022 and am still waiting

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi
I picked my 4x4 diesel prestige duster up at the weekend and love it. We managed to get a cancellation from Right car Hull and it only took 3 weeks. We were a bit nervous that it was too good to be true but everything went well. It’s definitely worth ringing round all the dealerships. Good luck 🤞

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone. I've recently ordered the Dacia duster extreme SE, as I fell in love with the one in the show room. I too have been told there is a 6 month waiting list and to expect my new car to arrive around September, but possibly sooner. They also told me dusters are made in Romania. I also googled why cars are taking so long to arrive in the UK and apparently its something to do with a chip? They use for making new cars and there's a shortage? I must admit as I'm so impatient I myself am thinking of cancelling my order.
Ordered mine first week in January and will not be available until the end of August,,,Long time

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
I ordered my Duster in Februray and had a delivery date of July, that then went to September, its now gone to November, same story they're waiting for the local chippy (microchips) to supply, my dealer said he'd heard from someone further up the food chain that car manufacturers were buying up washing machines taking the chips out and re-programming to use in the car industry, is that too far fetched or what......

·
Registered
325 Posts
I ordered my Duster in Februray and had a delivery date of July, that then went to September, its now gone to November, same story they're waiting for the local chippy (microchips) to supply, my dealer said he'd heard from someone further up the food chain that car manufacturers were buying up washing machines taking the chips out and re-programming to use in the car industry, is that too far fetched or what......
LOL, that is hilarious!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
That’s brilliant! Did they give a reason for it being delivered so quick and did you have any extras fitted?
Nope.
No extras and no reason given.(few emails from Dacia about it going down prod. Line) nothing from dealer until ... It's here .

When collected they had lots of stock arriving, joggers, sanderos and dusters (old badge still though).
Happy so far, just means I have an extra car for a month or so 😂

·
Registered
75 Posts
That’s good to know. I did online chat with Dacia yesterday to see if there was any indication of my car going in to production and they said they would notify dealer and tell them to get in touch with me, still waiting to hear though. I guess it will pan out like your scenario with occasional updates from Dacia and nothing from dealer. Just getting impatient with all the waiting and probably still another 5 or 6 months to go. :cry:

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Dusteme130 you're lucky Dacia answered you, lost count of how many times I've called or emailed them, I thought they were too busy thinking of new models to release before the previous 'new' model had been delivered, there's been the Extreme, the Bigster and now the Journey, maybe I'm being cynical........

·
Registered
75 Posts
I tend to agree with you there on that front. The Duster Extreme which is the version I have ordered couldn’t have been on sale for more than 5/6 months and if what I am reading it is no longer available to order so there must be a big backlog of these and then they are advertising the new models. I wonder how long it will be before new model orders are fulfilled. Hopefully things are improving in regard to delivery times.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts