UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would start this here as it's not model specific.
There seems to be a lot of conflicting information from dealers on how long we have to wait for our gleaming new Dacia's

I ordered a white 1.2 Sandero Ambiance on 1st March and was told April/May. I understand it will now be June. I see the Duster is much more in demand and most of you have a longer wait. I would have thought that the Sandero would have been quicker arriving in the UK.

How many of you have actually received your shiny new motors (whatever the model) and how long did you have to wait from order to collection?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Pre ordered white duster Lauriate 4x4 14/07/12, told delivery would be early january 2013, delivered 06/03/13 grand total one week short of 8 months.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Ordered 5th of October and hope to pick up in a week or 2, possibly 3 ?!?!?!?

Anyway I was originally told to expect mine in February so 6 weeks over due so far from original estimate delivery date.

·
Registered
40 Posts
With Dacia being a new brand in the UK obviously there have been a few delays in the supply chain. I can understand the manufacturer not wanting to release the cars until they are satisfied with the quality of the product to ensure the best possible customer satisfaction, "good things come to those who wait" etc.

The dealers must be getting loads of phone calls daily from customers eager to get their new Dacias but unfortunately they only know what they are being told by Dacia. I'm sure that once the initial pre-orders have been cleared that the supply will improve as systems start to flow. From the dealers point of view the last thing they want to do is to promise a delivery date knowing full well that there might be a delay therefore some dealers will be playing it safe by quoting up to six months delivery. I think they are just covering their backs and I think that we will see a flood of Dacia on the roads of the UK very soon.

It is quite rare for a new brand to hit the market and Dacia have timed ot just right with the UK economy as it is, by introducing a range of no-nonsense practical affordable cars. Dacia is going to be huge in the UK and we could be looking at the next Cult Brand.

Ciao for now!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had a call from the dealer today to update me on My Sandero. Apparently I am now looking at June. Originally told late April/May

Is this just a dealer tactic to make them look good when it comes in earlier?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Ordered my Duster on 30 September 2012, with indicative delivery of 29 March 2013. Following conversation with the dealer today, delivery may just about be on target. At least I know I have a confirmed Chassis/VIN number allocated to my ordered vehicle and I now know that I have an allocated UK Registration plate number. My vehicle is at the import centre, where any option packs are built on to the vehicle. Here's hoping ...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Only ordered on the 17th March. Dealer phoned with a reg No. 25th March and asked to get insurance changed over so it looked great till I asked if he had the car there with him, " err not yet was the reply ". Said I didn't see the point until he had the car actually there. Could this be the start of my waiting game ?

billyblue

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like a strange tactic to get your hopes up! Apparently cars are in stock at some dealers though. It depends on the model, colour and trim level.

I'm sure they would have said though if that were there case. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
282 Posts
:) Well it looks like D-Day is apon us. :)

Dealer phoned today to say the car has been delivered. All being arranged for Friday 29th morning drive away.

Looks like "Good Friday" will turn into a great Friday. Not a bad result as it's only taken 12 to 13 days from ordering to delivery. I feel a bit of a queue jumper when a lot of you guy's and gal's on here have been waiting months on your cars. I think we got lucky with the timing and the fact we have no extra's on the car and one just happened to be avaliable (Ambiance 1.5 2WD Caspian blue).

Hope and pray you all start to get your own deliveries soon.

billyblue.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ordered 14th July 2012 picked up today , 27th March 2013 .

Access 1.6 4X2 (base model with no add-on packs).

Dealer expedited delivery I believe.

Reactions: Bandit

·
Registered
319 Posts
Congratulations! enjoy.

Ordered 14th July 2012 picked up today , 27th March 2013 .

Access 1.6 4X2 (base model with no add-on packs).

Dealer expedited delivery I believe.

·
Registered
282 Posts
:D Well we have our Duster (Ambiance 2WD 1.5 diesel in Caspian blue) :D

Just drove back from the dealers and I must say the car drove fine. Not had a diesel car before so I suppose I was a bit over cautious on the 20 miles home on an A-road. Gear change was smooth enough but i kept forgetting I had six gears a few times so will take a bit of time to adust. Away now to have a read at the hand book.

billyblue.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Glad to hear you've taken delivery, happy motoring.

:D Well we have our Duster (Ambiance 2WD 1.5 diesel in Caspian blue) :D

Just drove back from the dealers and I must say the car drove fine. Not had a diesel car before so I suppose I was a bit over cautious on the 20 miles home on an A-road. Gear change was smooth enough but i kept forgetting I had six gears a few times so will take a bit of time to adust. Away now to have a read at the hand book.

billyblue.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I saw the Caspian Blue in the flesh as it were for the first time yesterday. Very nice colour billyblue, hope you have many years trouble free motoring from it.

Reactions: billyblue

·
Registered
431 Posts
Have not really had a chance with the Car yet but delighted it has arrived ... the wife is hogging it currently :rolleyes: and she is delighted too. She headed off with the 2 kids to the "Girls" and has a lovely day for a 70-80 mile round trip. However I do feel for all ye guys that are waiting, I really do hope that ye get sorted sooner rather than later. I've literally only had 30mins in the car so far and really not enough to get fully acquainted with it but there are positive vibes coming off this car already. However I do see where they have obviously saved as certain stuff is quite light on the car but that is why it costs the price it does and if you can live with that you'll all be happy.

And to those who have received this week I hope you are all enjoying your cars B)

Reactions: tonykbl

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry to hear you've not had much chance to try your new Duster but your wife obviously likes it. I can imagine there is only one thing worse than waiting for a Duster to arrive, and that's having one but not being able to get it off the wife to have s play in it yourself. :)

I'm sure you'll love it when you do get a proper go

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was going to order the Access model but i was told there was a huge demand and was quoted April/May delivery. I was then told they had a cancelled order that was due in the next 2 weeks but it was the Ambiance model with protection pack. So I ordered it on 6th Feb and expected it 2 weeks later. It eventually arrived on the 13th March and I collected it on the 15th March. I suppose I've been very lucky compared to some people on here

1 - 20 of 28 Posts