UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have been following lots of threads on the forum but so much information on here that I've lost track!!!

I ordered a Stepway Laureate DCI in mercury with my local Renault dealer in the middle of February. I was told in May that I would take delivery at the beginning of September. But I have had no contact or confirmation from Dacia or my dealer since then. I have spoken to Dacia customer services today and have been told they will contact me on Tuesday with an update?

Has anyone who has ordered a Stepway Laureate DCI taken delivery yet or had a confirmed date? Please could you let me know and where and when you ordered. I need ammunition in case they try to push my delivery date back. Again. !!!!!!!!!!

Many thanks :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi I have been following lots of threads on the forum but so much information on here that I've lost track!!!

I ordered a Stepway Laureate DCI in mercury with my local Renault dealer in the middle of February. I was told in May that I would take delivery at the beginning of September. But I have had no contact or confirmation from Dacia or my dealer since then. I have spoken to Dacia customer services today and have been told they will contact me on Tuesday with an update?

Has anyone who has ordered a Stepway Laureate DCI taken delivery yet or had a confirmed date? Please could you let me know and where and when you ordered. I need ammunition in case they try to push my delivery date back. Again. !!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck I ordered petrol laureate mid jan now looking at late Oct fully expect this too be extended

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? Oh god that's not good :-(

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spoken to them today getting back to me on Tuesday. I'm not looking forward to that conversation. How depressing :-(

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well wonders will never cease. Just had a phonecall off my dealer........ My car has only unexpectedly turned up at the garage this morning. I literally cannot believe it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually I don't think I will believe it's true until I see the car for myself tomorrow........

·
Registered
90 Posts

ordered stepway laureate dci 4th April and took delivery 30 th July from Renault /dacia parks in Ayr Scotland

·
Registered
40 Posts
Took delivery of our red dci 90 Laureate on Saturday morning. The long wait is finally over (ordered Feb 23rd). Although the guy at the dealers talked us through media nav, trip computer etc it was all a bit of information overload so we are still on a bit of a discovery mission at the moment. Went to the supermarket in the afternoon and parked it away from others lol. Then on the way home we took a longer route (naturally) only to discover that one of the roads we turned onto had just been resurfaced with loose chippings aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! There was nowhere to turnaround so we crawled along at under 20mph for about half a mile, luckily for us all the other cars in front of us and coming the other way were doing the same so managed to get home unscathed, apart from all the dust that was thrown up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well after all the ups and downs I was told the car was on time. Shock when they then said not Monday it maybe here on Wednesday. Well Wednesday and still no car they say it maybe next week. They continually say sorry for the delay but when you try and get them to sort it out they can not be bothered. Delivery dates mean nothing to DACIA they could not care less when you get your can. I can not believe they can not give you a date and conveniently loose your car. This is getting worse by the day so good luck to anyone who has ordered one be prepared to be lied too.

DACIA - If you read this thanks for making A MESS of my wife's birthday and costing me money. I thank god I did not sell my car and dread what the aftercare will be like after this.

As a company you are a disgrace and your customer service could do with learning more words than sorry.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Glen' don't get mad get even' cancel your order and take your custom else where' feel free to name these cowboys so the good folk around Leeds can vote with their feet

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have taken delivery of a Cinder Red Laureate DCi last Sunday I've only driven 50 miles at the moment and everything seems to be fine with the car. I just need to get used to some of the positions of the controls before I can fully comment on everything. I also cannot fault my Dacia Dealer in Bolton keeping me informed about delivery dates which were exactlly as he told me, he also phoned me up yesterday to see how happy I was with the car, this must mean I have been dealing with one of the better Dacia Dealers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my DCI Laureate, in cinder red, for three and a half weeks now and have driven just under 1200 miles under various types of road conditions. The onboard computer is showing 56 mpg and has been pretty consistent after the first 500 miles. The car was ordered in mid March and I took delivery on 23rd August.

I am delighted with the general performance of the car, given it's on the road price, and the quality and appearance of the finishes are more than initially expected.

My one complaint is with the Media Nav unit. It recognises my Ipod 80gb classic and shows all the playlists and alums exactly as recorded. When I am listening to a track on a playlist and I switch off the engine that track then appears on the player screen when I switch on again but the track which is being played is something totally different. It seems to play tracks with artist names beginning with A but not always the same one. If I just connect an mp3 player through the USB socket then it picks up on the track being played at precisely the point where it was switched off, which is what I would have expected it to do with the Ipod. Unfortunately it always recognises the Ipod as an Ipod and hence I can't just connect it as a USB player.

When the engine remains switched on I can jump between radio and Ipod as often as I like and the Ipod picks up exactly where It left off. My Dacia dealer is blaming the Ipod but it always worked perfectly in my Nissan Juke. The other problem it has is that it does not pick up my phone book entries from my Samsung Galaxy Ace and I have to dial every number from scratch every time I make a call.

Has anyone else encountered any similar problems or have any suggestions to solve this to make my driving experience 100% enjoyable?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts