UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
It is time to sort out the 2nd year service for my Sandero Laureate, the mileage is coming up to 16,000 miles. How much can I expect to be ripped off, sorry charged for a 2nd year service? Anyone had their 2nd service carried out and how much did it cost?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
It is time to sort out the 2nd year service for my Sandero Laureate, the mileage is coming up to 16,000 miles. How much can I expect to be ripped off, sorry charged for a 2nd year service? Anyone had their 2nd service carried out and how much did it cost?

Cheers
My "warranty & service sheet" shows 1st, 2nd & 3rd service as all the same operations to be carried out. So the price should be the same + inflation ! ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi,

Don't forget that you don't need to take it to the main dealer, but can use any independent garage!

As per EU law, as long as they're vat registered, follow the service schedule and use genuine parts, your warranty will not be affected.

Most of the service cost is usually labour charges and that's where the main dealer will bend you over! :eek:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've just rang the Dacia dealer who serviced my car last year, they charged me £180.00 last year for the 1st service, the second service is going to be £144.89 inc vat, so I've booked it in for July.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts

Cheers
are you taking it to eh? Or drakes Mr covert??? If i remember rightly your from the Humber Area?
I've just had my first done at eh and the actually did a fantastic job, and I'm quite picky.
You should check out renaults fixed price servicing, it's only 129.00 for an interim service.
You could find it cheaper elsewhere and use there price promise to get it cheaper.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are you taking it to eh? Or drakes Mr covert??? If i remember rightly your from the Humber Area?
I've just had my first done at eh and the actually did a fantastic job, and I'm quite picky.
You should check out renaults fixed price servicing, it's only 129.00 for an interim service.
You could find it cheaper elsewhere and use there price promise to get it cheaper.
The car was purchased from EH, and I had it serviced at Drakes last year. Thanks for the tip about the Renault fixed price servicing ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
My local independent garage is actually a Renault Truck service depot.

They do an interim service for £99.00 and a large service for £199.00 on cars up to and including 2.0L I seem to recall.

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
My local independent garage is actually a Renault Truck service depot.

They do an interim service for £99.00 and a large service for £199.00 on cars up to and including 2.0L I seem to recall.
Seems a good price. Where abouts in the midlands are you ? ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Carlos, my Stepway 0.9tce isnt due for its service just yet, but how can you get the Dacia serviced at Renault E.H. surely they would have some excuse so that they get the extra lolly from a Dacia service. My first service (Dec.) cost me £169.00.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Carlos, my Stepway 0.9tce isnt due for its service just yet, but how can you get the Dacia serviced at Renault E.H. surely they would have some excuse so that they get the extra lolly from a Dacia service. My first service (Dec.) cost me £169.00.
hi, it's a Renault/dacia/kia dealership all under one roof, I actually dropped the keys off at the Kia service desk.
I noticed the air filter wasn't noted on the invoice for replacement, perhaps your air filter was done the same time?
The fixed price servicing cost is also on the renault site under interim service for 129, a service is 159.
Dacia has their own servicing price too on their page, but more expensive than renaults.
I pay monthly for mine, not sure of air con will be included in next year's, but it does say all scheduled servicing included, surprisingly the anti corrosion check is not at extra cost, ford should take note!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
An awful lot of money for basically a oil and filter change
they have a basic oil and filter change, + free health check for £89 which is basically what your getting on the service, the only thing holding you back is the stamp in the service book and corrosion checks, while its under warranty they've got you by the short and curlys if you want to keep it straightforward if you ever need to claim.
My mates pug 308 estate gets a service and mot for £99 pound now it's warranty has expired from the same main dealer he paid almost £500 out to on his 2nd service, funny how a car needs this, that and the other while under warranty, then when it's over its up to you, or when it packs in :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Something needs to be done about the main dealers (Ford GM) who offer value cut price servicing but only to cars over three years old
After 3 years a lot of service points are covered by the MOT, suspension checks etc.

Those brands that still charge hundreds for servicing after 3 years after mugging off their customers. BMW anyone? Suckers.......

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
After 3 years a lot of service points are covered by the MOT, suspension checks etc.

Those brands that still charge hundreds for servicing after 3 years after mugging off their customers. BMW anyone? Suckers.......
I got a look at the service prices at the local bmw dealership a few months back while I was working, actually not as expensive as I thought it would be, on par with Citroëns I guess.

·
Registered
269 Posts
NSS makes a fair point. After 3 years I'm going back to my local man. I'll just have to make sure I do a comprehensive list of all that needs doing.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Just been quoted £164.11 for second service - Gollum is still in bodyshop having the warranty work done, so not sure when I can book him in yet... Know I can get it cheaper, but feel I should be loyal to the garage as they have helped me throughout the warranty issues. :wacko: :ph34r:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts