UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this old copy of the Sun ( 30 May 1992) and was about to deposit it in the recycling bin when I thought I would have a quick flick through it.
I was amazed to realise that you can buy a new Sandero in 2015 for less than the cost of a Peugeot 23 years ago. Obviously the Sandero is a very different animal from the Peugeot 205 but even so...... uploadfromtaptalk1447017600781.jpg

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Cant give an answer for 1992, however I can remember exactly how much we paid for a Skoda Favorit Lxi Plus in 1993. Cost us £5556, dark blue no electric windows, power steering or any mod cons basically four wheels and a steering wheel, Our first new car loved that car it was built like a tank I actually reversed into a Fiesta, took the whole wing off the Fiesta the Skoda didnt even have a scratch on it, petrol consumption was horrible and accelerating was something other people did. I can remember at the same time a Lada Samara was £5000 and a Yugo 45 could be bought be £4000, test drove all three the Skoda was head and shoulders better, in fact on the test drive of the Lada we went over a hole in the road and the glove compartment door fell off. Happy simple days before mortgages and stressful jobs.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
But the Peugeot has a radio/cassette player and Sport stripes!! That would definitely get you invited in for coffee, and cake, in those days!

·
Registered
348 Posts
I remember the last Renault 5's in 1996 (N registration) being sold for £5555.

Does anyone else remember the tv ad with bears driving the 5?

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Have googled the bears TV ad, Timeliner, but can't find it. :(

£5555 for a Renault 5! Brilliant. I loved my silver and red Renault 5 Le Car, I once drove past the Renault showroom in it in Bristol and one of the sales guys saluted and I felt like the Queen!

Can't say anyone even so much as waves at me in the Duster :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts