UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just booked my Logan in for the 72,000 mile service. Have done it with the main dealer, so know it will be expensive. Also know that the cam belt and everything else will be done on this one also.

Quoted cost?? £949!!!!

The guy on the phone played with it and used individual service component costs and got it down to £899, which whilst I am grateful, is still eye wateringly expensive.

Will pay it, because I want it done, and the main dealer is round the corner, and they treat me well (normally!!!!), but next time someone says "you do the maths", I will

I saw a service auction address on another posting, think I will give that a look.

I use my car as a work vehicle, and have the benefit of the VAT back, and a 100 percent offset against tax, which helps, but would advise others to consider changing their car at 70,000 miles!!

Service booked in on the 19th,and will update, unless I can get it done much cheaper elsewhere

Tim

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
When I had a Mazda the recommended timing belt change in the manual was 60,000 miles.

Except for cars sold in California where the timing belt change was recommended at 105,000 miles because California has a state law which states that timing belts should last for 100,000 miles.

The same belts were used on all cars whether sold in California or not.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Did the timing belt on the wife's car which includes pulleys water pump as is good practice. Cost about £100 but if I was charging I'd be looking for £450+ simply because it's a long and quite involved job, then factor in a regular service roughly £150ish and finally it's main dealer rates which also pushes the price up. That's said it's still expensive.

My Isuzu work pickup was just in for a 24k service and was £450 +vat. I hate to think what it'd be if it had a timing belt, lucky I'm not the one picking up the bill.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Just booked my Logan in for the 72,000 mile service. Have done it with the main dealer, so know it will be expensive. Also know that the cam belt and everything else will be done on this one also.

Quoted cost?? £949!!!!

The guy on the phone played with it and used individual service component costs and got it down to £899, which whilst I am grateful, is still eye wateringly expensive.

Will pay it, because I want it done, and the main dealer is round the corner, and they treat me well (normally!!!!), but next time someone says "you do the maths", I will

I saw a service auction address on another posting, think I will give that a look.

I use my car as a work vehicle, and have the benefit of the VAT back, and a 100 percent offset against tax, which helps, but would advise others to consider changing their car at 70,000 miles!!

Service booked in on the 19th,and will update, unless I can get it done much cheaper elsewhere

Tim
Renault timing belt renewals are notoriously difficult (time consuming) and therefore expensive so its no surprise that Dacias are just the same, my local garage told me to sell the car (Renault Twingo 133) before the belts needed changing as it would be cheaper! Plus they didn't want to do it!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Renault timing belt renewals are notoriously difficult (time consuming) and therefore expensive so its no surprise that Dacias are just the same, my local garage told me to sell the car (Renault Twingo 133) before the belts needed changing as it would be cheaper! Plus they didn't want to do it!
Just as well the Tce has a timing chain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts