UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me find this out as all I read in the paper reviews is that its a bit noisey oh and yes I have ordered one lol

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Have a phone around some dealers. Some have the Sandero with the diesel, that'll let you know. The demo Stepway's aren't in the country yet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The new Renault Clios have exactly the same engine too, test drive one of those to see for yourself? I've ordered a Stepway too and if it is noisy, I plan on turning up the radio!!!!!

Reactions: Geraint

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have had a test drive of a Sandero laureate diesel, and have an ambiance diesel on order. Based on that drive, I dont think you need be concerned about noise levels, as I found no problems on that score at all, although I do appreciate that a stepway may be different.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Like bodge I have also test driven a Sandero laureate diesel and also the Ambience petrol. I did not find it noisy and would not have been unduly aware that I was driving a diesel. I got it up to 70 on a local A road and was more than satisfied. I would agree with some reviews that state the petrol engine is more fun to drive but we will be doing a longish motorway run each month and plumped for the economy and lower engine revs that the diesel should give. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
431 Posts
The problem with motor reporters is that they are so used of getting to drive luxury cars that they are all spoiled rotten ;-)

On the other hand if your a regular viewer of Top Gear the sound of the engine is a selling point

Okay so it's not a top end Ferrari but you can always pretend ... :-D

In the real world yes it probably is a bit more noisy than other higher classed brands in its category. However if you up grading from an older car I'd say you'll not notice and probably it will be quiter.

I'm getting a Duster and it is quiter than my 1.6 petrol 07 Vectra so you need to read between the lines a lot of the times even with well respected reviewers as it is really all down to your own perspective at the end of the day. As said earlier I reckon you should not overly worry, it will not feel like your driving a tractor ;-)

Best of luck with you new purchase if you decide to go for it ... But certainly take a test drive before you totally commit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts