UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wondered how old members on here are.

I'm 30 and my girlfriend is 29 and picked the Duster for our 'family' car as we're expecting our first child in September.

Intrigued as to whether it's people needing a family car or perhaps doing some off-roading in a Duster or someone who just wants to get from A-B in a bargain car. :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Deffo a family car for me ... I have a 3 & a 1 year old.

The Duster ticks loads of boxes.

1. 2 child seats with ample room in the centre for an Adult or god forbid anther child seat :eek:

2. The roads in my area are all mainly B roads so need something rugged.

3. The height is perfect for putting and pulling tots in and out of their seats which is a nightmare on the back with lower cars.

4. Price and fuel economy are major factors too. Not the most economical in the classes we were looking at but the price knocks that on the head with spades.

5. Cheap and cheerful car so not concerned about the kids kicking the living daylights out of it ... Which they will ;) .

No intention in using it as an off roader so buying the 4x2 as a road car but point 2 will utilize some of it's ruggedness.

In my early forties ... :eek:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Not telling ... but, as Billy Connolly put it, old enough that when I bend down to pick something up I look for other things to do while I'm down there

·
Registered
560 Posts
Like StoneBreaker I am a guitar player. What that means in this context is that age isn't so important as Guitarist's can never grow up. But as a guide, my youngest "child" (a non guitarist - I've failed as a parent) is 24 this year.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm loving some of the answers on here, put a proper smile on my face. I'n sensing a more mature buyer of the Dacia range.

It's quite a contrast as the same question gets asked on say Twingo133.net and all the members are really quick to say old. well depressingly young they are haha.

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
Can I answer if we've opted for the Stepway?

I'm 32 and my husband is 44. When we found out we were pregnant I wanted a new car immediately. As getting in and out of a 3 door Ford fiesta proved a challenge especially coming up to the due date. I have been wanting a near new Nissan Qashqai as it was raised and it would be our family car for the next 7-10 yrs as we wan a second child. But due the the price and the fact that the road tax was so high my husband kept saying 'No'. It's just too much money and we can't afford it. I wasn't happy with that response but I understood where he was coming from.

He then said hunny, if you find a Qashqai or similar with No road tax or maximum £30 oh and it doesn't cost over £15000 you can buy it. He had a shifty look on his face when he said it. As he properly thought at the time. That was never going to happen.

I was gutted as I also felt I would never find a car like that.

And then about 2 months ago I saw the first of many ads for Dacia and after checking online. ... (angelic music now playing triumphantly) There is was our new car.

Road tax: £20 - husband happy
Style: Crossover - wife happy
Price: £12000 - husband and wife happy

When I showed him he couldn't believe it. Neither could I to be honest.

So thanks to Dacia this little lady is getting her first brand new car... now I'm waiting for the demo models to test drive before putting our order in. I've been feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve eager for Christmas Day to open presents ever since.

Sorry for my long winded story but I just wanted to share :-D

·
Registered
319 Posts
But you did say you had a Twingo so that's alright! Excused.
**cough** 24 im a youngster lol.

**now feels out of place**

·
Registered
117 Posts
**cough** 24 im a youngster lol.

**now feels out of place**
*high-five*

am *cough* 22

I just wondered how old members on here are.

I'm 30 and my girlfriend is 29 and picked the Duster for our 'family' car as we're expecting our first child in September.

Intrigued as to whether it's people needing a family car or perhaps doing some off-roading in a Duster or someone who just wants to get from A-B in a bargain car. :)
To answer your question I wanted a reliable preferably new car at a reasonable price and I think I got it I found it!

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
33 soon to cross over to 34. Reason for wanting a Duster? The roads are rubbish (potholes) and the weather is getting worse these days, much more snow and floods, and I'm moving further into the countryside next week. And also to save a shedload of money!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And also to save a shedload of money!!
I must admit I'm certainly looking forward to more economical running costs of a 1.5dci even if it is a bigger car.

We currently use my Clio 172 or the Mrs Twingo 133 as a day to day car. The Clio only gives us between 25-30mpg, the Twingo is more like 35mpg. My girfriend's family are around 120 miles away so for our trips down to see them, it'll cost us noticeably less.

·
Registered
137 Posts
5 scores and a bit and went for the sandero model.
Over 100 :eek: Well done for still being able to move, never mind drive :)

I reached buspass age last October but I'm still only 21 really. And let's be fair, youth is wasted on the young :ph34r:

Reactions: Bandit and Nick

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm 21 er... with thitry years experience

Wanted a second vehicle to use for the commute and I didn't want to have to take a days leave every time it snowed. Also been looking at some of the byeways on Salisbury Plain which might be fun. The Duster will probably become my primary transpost and i can give the focus to the wife

Looked at other choices but the Duster beat them all on price and practicallity.

·
Registered
217 Posts
48 and still got my own teeth !!!!! ordered duster 4x2 laureate dci as travel from london to norfolk every weekend to play on our boat and my megane 3 sport tourer is getting a bashing from all the bits and pieces(junk as the mrs calls it) i take with me.

·
Registered
115 Posts
54 myself, decided on the Duster as a replacement for the Chrysler 300c as i wasn't using it much exept for the run to Norfolk a couple of times a month if i'm lucky. should cut the insurance down a lot and the fuel used on the 400ml round trips. The Smart's ok but not good as a load carrier, still keeping that as a runabout. It's not much more economical on that run either.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts