UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I drive a 2004 Corsa and I've started to notice how un-insulated it is and noisy when I go over 40. It also somehow makes me feel every tiny imperfection in the road..

How do your Dusters rank in this respect?

Quietness out of 10, and Smoothness out of 10..

I know they're cheap, and its likely they saved money with this stuff, but as a large 4x4 I'm wondering if these small annoyances are still there and if so, does it ever annoy you?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hi

Our phase 2 Duster 4x2 I would say;

quietness for a diesel 8/10

smoothness I would say 8/10 again . I am basing this and comparing to previous diesels I have owned Peugeot and audi. So much quicker than the 2 litre audi though.

The test drive will sell it to you I guarantee.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Mate if your driving a Corsa then you'll be much better off in the Stepway

Best of both worlds'

supermini running costs and refinement with the looks of a suv.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Difficult to rate it on a 10/10 basis as there are so many comparisons out there.

Are there quieter and more comfortable out there for the same money- yes.

However it is a good ride, proven engine and not noisy. I'm liking mine a lot. First thing the mrs said when she sat in in was how comfortable the seat was.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Compared to the van I drive the Duster is pretty near silent! but since I have no clue what a Corsa sounds like from the inside I'd echo Chris' advice, take a test drive and see for yourself. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Quietness - in all honesty a dreadful 2/10. The engine noise is really intrusive. Smoothness much better - 7/10.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Quietness - in all honesty a dreadful 2/10. The engine noise is really intrusive. Smoothness much better - 7/10.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
I don't find phase 1 engine noise intrusion too bad. It's other noise that is intrusive - road noise, wind, the patter of rain on the roof etc (a sudden squall often makes my dog jump in surprise!). The phase 2 is so much quieter in the cock-pit (as advertised): in my phase 1, I can clearly hear the splish of tyres from cars passing by on a wet road, but not in the phase 2 courtesy Dusters I have had. Nemind; at least my phase 1 has a radio with real buttons and a facia that looks right!!! :huh: :lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mk 1 or 2 ?? dunno.. was first reg'd in Jan. 2014.. It's not the engine noise.. it's just wind/road noise I find so loud.. some have said it could be the tyres.. or maybe the window wind delflectors I've fitted.. the radio cannot be heard at reasonable volume level when driving over 60mph.. It is so bad that I have actually fitted foam earplugs on long journeys!.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mk 1 or 2 ?? dunno.. was first reg'd in Jan. 2014.. It's not the engine noise.. it's just wind/road noise I find so loud.. some have said it could be the tyres.. or maybe the window wind delflectors I've fitted.. the radio cannot be heard at reasonable volume level when driving over 60mph.. It is so bad that I have actually fitted foam earplugs on long journeys!.
Really? lol.

I find my 2013 model noisy whilst accelerating, but at speed (60-80mph) I think it's quite quiet & the ride excellent.

Had a test drive of a 2015 model & I definitely noticed a drop in engine noise. Are you guys with phase 2's noticing a big difference in day to day driving noise wise?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Really? lol.

I find my 2013 model noisy whilst accelerating, but at speed (60-80mph) I think it's quite quiet & the ride excellent.

Had a test drive of a 2015 model & I definitely noticed a drop in engine noise. Are you guys with phase 2's noticing a big difference in day to day driving noise wise?
I don't know. I can't hear ANY wind noise over the hum of my All Terrains! :lol:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Nice to hear some noise; at least you know the car's still going. My Duster L is ok as far as noise is concerned; nothing to complain about.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts