UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only been on this forum for a short while,I know, but why is there so much 'sniping' at each others posts by a few individuals? I'm meaning the 'seemingly I know better' attitude

I've read a few posts this morning and some of them get quite nasty! People's cars are an emotive subject but I thought the idea of a forum was share and offer help to others. There are always going to be differences of opinions but lets keep it in context and refrain from a post from getting into a slanging match

I am a participant in many forums and enjoy the sharing, banter and advice that people offer. Lets just keep it 'clean' eh :)

We are hoping to pick our Duster Duster Laureate up by the end of this month/beginning of next (yes it was meant to be mid August originally!) and I have learnt a lot since coming here and would hope that I could share any issues/problems on here and be offered some general advice!!

Cheers all

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well said . Thank you . It takes a relative newcomer to show us all that constructive criticism can be valuable . Personal attacks and deliberate provocation don't help anyone.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Good post mate. Its very easy and common on forums for people to seem blunt and even rude as forums are quite faceless. So far though I'd say it seems like quite a nice forum to be on so you're stuck with me haha

The only thing I haven't understood is the handful of almost anti-Dacia people. I understand some may not be happy if they've cancelled orders or been disappointed in their car but why stick around on the forum if that's the case.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Tbh Mark this is a relatively well mannered forum, try going on some football based ones, it's like WWIII lol

Unfortunately some people are keyboard warriors, take enjoyment out of bullying or are just plain ignorant/post in haste.

From what I can see here the mods do a decent job and keep order.

The purpose of this forum should be to help make people's ownership of Dacia's easier experience and to that end it serves its purpose well.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Totally agree, i chose Dacia because its cheap and cheerful. Like the price. Love the look of the Stepway in particular. I could care what others think, its a great cheap,car.

When someone says ooh french, dodgy engine, electrics or whatever i just think? Dacia site, why did you join?

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts
Well said Mark, it does get uncomfortable when discussions get heated and some people take things very personally when maybe that was not the original intention. Good luck with your duster I hope you really enjoy it, I have mine for 7 weeks and I am loving it. Going to work in Manchester tomorrow so looking forward to a good run out on the motorway tomorrow (providing I get up early enough to avoid the traffic that is!!)

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Well said Mark, it does get uncomfortable when discussions get heated and some people take things very personally when maybe that was not the original intention. Good luck with your duster I hope you really enjoy it, I have mine for 7 weeks and I am loving it. Going to work in Manchester tomorrow so looking forward to a good run out on the motorway tomorrow (providing I get up early enough to avoid the traffic that is!!)
good luck :)

·
Duster Forum Moderator
1,117 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Compared with some car forums I am on or have used in the past , also some medical forums ( I have a Urostomy ) & Aviation forums ---I find this site amazingly friendly , well informed & civilised . Although not yet an owner I have been made to feel welcome & even had some of my " Miserable old git " posts taken with a pinch of salt ....Keep on trucking brothers & sisters , you seem like a nice bunch to me ....

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Compared with some car forums I am on or have used in the past , also some medical forums ( I have a Urostomy ) & Aviation forums ---I find this site amazingly friendly , well informed & civilised . Although not yet an owner I have been made to feel welcome & even had some of my " Miserable old git " posts taken with a pinch of salt ....Keep on trucking brothers & sisters , you seem like a nice bunch to me ....
aw thanks :) your welcome x

1 - 20 of 61 Posts