UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until a couple of weeks ago I visited the gym 3 times a week to try and stay in some sort of shape but I have been getting bored of it of late and my joints are aching from using weights etc so enough was enough.

I decided to stop and start using my feet more. Now this has had a surprising effect in that I enjoy it a lot and am losing weight again for the first time in months! Along with saving on fuel I am a happy bunny!

A couple of miles round trip used to be in my mind far too far to walk but in reality it's nothing so it goes to show how lazy I had become for a "fit" person who visited the gym a lot :D

Anyway enough of my babble it's my day off and I am walking into town to collect a parcel I missed on Saturday ;)

Does anyone else walk a lot or do you all prefer to drive your shiny new Dacia's around to the corner shop?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Min200 keep up the Walking theme, and ycfc10 Walking is not for wimps, I'm over the 72 mark and still love to get to the top of the Mountain. Here I am at the Summit of Schiehallion in Perthshire, only one of the many that I have climbed, so if you fancy a bit of exercise and a good day out, give me a shout if you ever come up to Scotland and I'll show you a bit of WALKING.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I do enjoy a nice walk out & about. Its the walk back I don't like!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just as a matter of intrest, I run and organize a Rambling Group, and we go out every 2nd Saturday throughout the year, so log onto my web-site www.mcwatt.co.uk and grab a look at some of the places that we go to. I also do the Photography and editing for the walks. Happy Viewing !!

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
@ trubrit....

mountain covered in snow...

carry up a big plastic matt.....and have the sledge-ride of your life back down !!!!

superb :D :D :D

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We kinda got into a bit of walking last winter but this is the first time I have taken it on as an everyday thing, we normally drove somewhere to do it :lol:

Got to love the irony!

BUT you folks are putting me to shame!

Dovedale040_zpse0dbbb5a.jpg

Dovedale046_zps43046a16.jpg

These were in Dovedale Derbyshire which is a fantastic walk if you are ever over that way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts