UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I'm liking the Duster-esque grille and jacked-up stance of the artist's impression.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
I'm liking the Duster-esque grille and jacked-up stance of the artist's impression.
You realise the forum squashes pics making them look taller?

·
Registered
517 Posts
So its made in India and even they don't think it will pass the European NCAP tests so its not going be that good - yes I know NCAP isn't the be all and end all but a new design should comply. Plus the assembly plant has a fantastic reputation producing the high quality RHD Rusters we love so much on here so maybe we give this one a miss.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Its a bit of pr this one.

basically Dacia have inherited the mk2 Twingo which was only ever sold in Europe. Dacia have tipped off the motoring press to catch some spy shots of their new model under development' again giving the impression their investing money in a new car' when in reality their only going to heighten the suspension to give it the look of a suv. The reason its not coming to Europe is their is no market for city car size suv's where as in the third world the middle classes love them

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Just read the article and came away puzzled at the assertion that having only three-stud wheels would preclude its sale in Europe. Didn't small Peugeots and Citroëns routinely have only three studs per wheel until fairly recently? And, indeed, I seem to remember the original SmartCar - widely hailed for its safety standards at the time - had three studs. Is this a recent change in the law, or is the article bocking tollocks?

·
Registered
186 Posts
History is littered with sales failures' remember the C3 XTR... Rover Streetwise.....Polo Dune...
No well my case rests
I remember the Streetwise as the wife quite liked them at the time, when we went to the dealership a couple of years ago to look around I said to her that I thought she would prefer the Stepway as it reminded me of the Streetwise.

Maybe the Streetwise design was a little ahead of the time as this sector seems to be pretty popular these days. The Stepway proving the point.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I'm sure its not beyond the wit of man to change the wheels if they decided to make a European version.
Suppose not. I'd have thought the extra cost of designing engineering two different versions of the hubs for different markets would cancel out any savings made in using 3-stud hubs in the first place.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I'll buy one just so I can call it Yippee!

and write Motherf***er underneath :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts