UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night and then again this morning all fours doors appeared to have been welded shut. The infamous door seals have a kind of fabric covering which seem to have absorbed water recently and this has frozen the top of each door to the seal with the cold weather of the last couple of days.

The dealer's going to dry the seals for me this afternoon and then apply a thin film of silicon grease to them to try to prevent it from happening again.

Anyone else noticed this?

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
I don't usually use the car until the afternoon, so even on cold days its usually thawed by the time I need it. We haven't had any prolonged frost around here since I got the Duster.

However on one particularly cold day after lots of rain I did notice the door seals had frozen, and I needed to pull the door a bit harder than usual. I thought, "that's going to be a problem if it gets properly frozen"

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It wouldn't be too good if the seals themselves became damaged as a result of their becoming forcibly unacquainted with the doors a few times. Probably worth a pre-emptive coat of grease.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Interesting ...
Before christmas it got down to -5 up here...have not noticed sticky doors...
But very intrigued by the grease theory !!!
what are you using??!
thanks
DM x

Silvery silver is the shiniest !

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Grease = bad idea, every time you get into the car you could be wiping it off on your clothing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi all, sorry not been on for a while had quite a few busy months at work. Anyway just wondering if anyone else was suffering with the car doors freezing shut in the icy weather. I have found that there is water on the outer door seal which is freezing to the doors, and it means that the best way to open them is to grip the top of the door rather than just pull on the handle.

Was wondering if this is a common problem or is it a flaw with my duster? Many thanks for your help.

(I moved this post here from a new topic. Chrisl300)

·
Registered
895 Posts
When I am at work I work for a Frozen food firm in Germany (Off work due to a new Knee replacement and it dont look like I will get back) I have on the back of my Vehicle 8 doors all opening into a -28 deg environment we spray Silicone onto the rubbers which is all it needs and dont forget we open and close our doors in rain and that does not bother it either so go for the Silicone spray you will only need to do it at the most 2 times in the winter and dont forget the boot .......Yes thats my Logan Xmas morning in France 2011

and My Sales Vehicle that is taken in a Village called Straubenhardt
2710_1132784233836_4536685_n.jpg

577156_10200181599676744_1170766862_n.jp

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Germany always did do weather right :) biggest storms, deepest snow sunniest days..

Reactions: Stuart

·
Registered
29 Posts
Silicone spray- Bad , Grease- bad. All these do is damage the rubber. The best cure is to use Gummi Pflege, It is specifically designed for car rubber door seals etc. I had a problem on a Vauxhall where the door would freeze to the seal. The Vauxhall mechanic recommended it. Never had the problem again. Use it now on every car i have ever owned. It also helps to stop leaking door seals etc.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts