UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why the Duster illuminated sills are powered by a CR2032 battery and not from the car? It just seems a bit strange to me and makes it seem like something bought at an accessory shop that a 17 year old would stick on to bling his car up(No offence to 17 year olds by the way! :ROFLMAO: I was 17 a long time ago) Needless to say I have still ordered them for my Extreme though as I just think they will finish it off and will look good with the side steps. Roll on delivery!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I used SS door sills w/ logo & no light (no wiring issues). There may be a magnetic switch for yours.

Small round discs w/ LEDs & magnetic switch are available for sticking to the door frame, so it's visible at night when u open the door. That would be powered w/ a Li cell.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I did wonder how they worked, I guess this is the only way they can as there will be no wiring in place for them. As you say, it does seem a little 90s Halfords Max Power

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I doubt if they are stainless to be honest as they look black in the illustration so I’m assuming they are black plastic, maybe mot such a good idea after all. Does the Duster have sill protectors as standard and if so what are they made from?

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,226 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts