UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all!

Im new to the forum and thinkinh about buying a Duster. just a few questions..

I was going to go for the 1.5dCi 4x4 Laureate, took one for a test drive today and could'nt believe how much car you get for such little money!

Was just wondering what they are like with fuel economy, I've read that they do around 54mpg, can anyone back that up?

Also what are they like for reliability? as i seem to rack the miles up quite quickly and do some pretty long journeys, are there any common faults?

Any help would be greatly appreaciated, as id love to be part of the growing Darcia population!

Cheers!

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
hi owen...welcome to the forum....I have the ambiance 4x4...and am using the forum MPG calculator....mine is averaging between 54 and 57 MPG.

I commute 20 odd miles to work on a roads, dual carriageway, bypass...and George is a diesel.......oh and I drive like a granny !

But hey...its saving me SO many pennies as to be daft !

I have also done some long runs in him, and the average is well over 60mpg for those journeys.....

I love my Duster....but everyone on the forum'll tell you I'm bonkers about George !

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Owen, on the Duster forum you'll find a couple of threads about mpg which should help you. At first you're not likely to get 54mpg on the 4x4 until the engine is run in and loosens up but 54 is very possible later on. Reliability is a bit of an impossible question as yet, as far as I know no one has has any major catastrophes while driving though there are some issues with the paint finish on white models and some leaky door seals. Remember that the cars are made with tried and tested Renault/Nissan parts so there is nothing mechanical in the car that has not already been in use in other vehicles. In particular the 1.5 dci engine which is possibly the most widely used engine in the world.

P.S. welcome and it's Dacia -r :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick reply! :) George sounds like a good lad! how long have you had your Duster? and hows it been on reliability, any problems so far?

Cheers

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I've had George 2 months...and have done 2200 ish...so through the 900 miles not over 2500revs...but not over the 3500 total running in thing.

I have a leaky door seal....and in the scheme of things its fixable and mendable...and is on Dacias "to do" list...!

This does not detract in anyway from the car itself is fantastic...brilliant to drive...stable secure...drives on rails... and pulls like a train when you want it to !

·
Registered
282 Posts
hi owen...welcome to the forum....I have the ambiance 4x4...and am using the forum MPG calculator....mine is averaging between 54 and 57 MPG.

I commute 20 odd miles to work on a roads, dual carriageway, bypass...and George is a diesel.......oh and I drive like a granny !

But hey...its saving me SO many pennies as to be daft !

I have also done some long runs in him, and the average is well over 60mpg for those journeys.....

I love my Duster....but everyone on the forum'll tell you I'm bonkers about George !

Bit of an under statement there DM.

You and George :wub: :wub: seem like a marriage made in Heaven. :D :D .

billyblue. ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine is 4 x 2 Laureatte and I am getting 45 around the town, but only done 500 miles so it needs to loosen up and will get better, it is about 10mpg more than my Quashqai which was also a 1.5 diesel.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
dm.....is fantastic...brilliant to drive...stable secure...drives on rails... and pulls like a train when you want it to !

i couldnt put it better my self

welcome owen

great choice the duster

second that previously written buy my forum friends

after 3000 miles the engine its fully run in and will perform and run more smoothly thus more economicaly

1 - 13 of 13 Posts