UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it time to replace my old banger, a very reliable but now handsomely tatty 306 estate

I'm lucky that we have 2 dealers near us in lincoln, midlands co-op in lincoln itself and pocklingtons in louth

I'm looking at a logan 1.5dci ambiance and No.1 son a sandero 1.5dci laureate, so as lincoln is closer off we trot and have a look around the dacia offering, 1st problem only one car was open and that was parked a little close for easy access, struggled on then toddled in to the showroom to ask for a test drive, first thing the salesman does is notice the stick (I'm mildly disabled) and IMMEDIATELY try to palm me off to a colleague 'who looks after motorbility' - t*sser

after a little encouragement he produces some keys for us to view the stock on site and later the test drive itself (stepway 0.9)

he asked some more questions and when he found out I didn't want to pay extra for metallic and was planning on paying cash (and therefore no finance commission) things only got worse

really unimpressed, now I understand that being a 'budget' brand there will be less commission available BUT I know what I want, he doesn't have to work for the sale - tosser!

so, off we trot to louth to pocklingtons, what a difference, ok a smaller place but staff friendly (parts and service guys say hello), salesman on the phone but comes over when finished, we describe what were after, ask for a demo and they have a logan 1.5dci laureate we could try, pulls car out, hands over the keys and says off you go boys, been there 2 minutes, no issues, just away you go

pleasantly pleased (caught my clutch foot a couple of times coming off pedal and I don't like electric fuel gauges), nice and torquey, plenty roomy and way too much room for the hound (small terrier - don't get used to it son....)

altogether a much more pleasant experience, now I grew up in the motortrade as a spotty 'yoof and I know margins are tight but the last thing you do is piss off the punter when he's trying to spend money

so co-op 0, pocklingtons 2

whilst we were away on our little jaunt adrian (? - bad with names) had looked up availabilities and delivery dates - top man, just awaiting monies to clear then away to buy

now louth is about 30 miles away rather than about 6 for lincoln so a bit of a nuisance so frustrating but looks worth the effort

:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just been back to pocklington's in louth and have ordered a logan mcv ambiance 1.5dci white for me and a sandero laureate 1.5dci in white for my son

was seen by the guvnor carl today, straightforward and honest, top bloke

roll on august....

·
Registered
117 Posts
it time to replace my old banger, a very reliable but now handsomely tatty 306 estate
I know it would be sensible, depends on delivery date

Not necessarily. If from what you wrote I suspect - you keep your cars for a long time - then for you at least, it does not matter what registration plate year would be if your intention was to keep the car. For your son however, of course that is a different matter depending on his intentions.

I'm looking at a logan 1.5dci ambiance and No.1 son a sandero 1.5dci laureate
You are generous purchasing a top of the range diesel Sandero for your son Please pardon my curiosity... "No. 1 son"?

What does this mean, your first born son? Your 'favourite' son?

How many sons do you have?

What do they feel about you purchasing a car for one of your sons and not presumably the others?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not too generous, he's going pay me back (I hope...), I wish I could fund it for him but alas I'm on a pension now

I've two kids, a girl and a boy, he's the number 1 son, my daughter has not passed her test yet and the lad is passing his (first) car down, although she really wants a mini (well who doesn't - love minis)

this would be the first new car, never seen the point before. I was originally going to buy a 'mainstream' second hand car but my folks had a recently problem in their renault (gulp) with the starter/ring gear playing up (auto), was in warranty luckily enough but the bill would have been £1800, I wouldn't be able to cover that sort of outlay so looked for a more simple bit of kit, my son saw a stepway and quite liked it so we had a nose about - I'm only getting the logan as I've moved two kids out and one back and the room is handy, my son is only getting ~37mpg from his little fabia classic and it's hurting, I get around 60ish from the peugeot and love diesels, he's looking forward to the extra mileage

just in case of future issues I've purchased the 7 year warranty and I drive with heaps of mechanical sympathy so hoping it will last a good while

1 - 5 of 5 Posts