UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it might be worthwhile to start a new thread where inadequacies in the Dacia parts supply chain in the UK can be documented.

Now, we have heard the odd whisper about George's door seals which took 65 days to come through.

My radiator fan has failed and the part is on back order with no delivery date.

The dealer wasn't keen on me driving the car but what am I meant to do? I didn't even mention a courtesy car, I want to drive my own Duster.

Is there anybody else waiting for parts or who has experienced a serious delay in the supply of parts?

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you drive your Duster with a known fault & you have reported the fact to your dealer , you could possibly invalidate your warranty . The Warranty is just what it says , the fault is down to DACIA & the dealer. Dump your Duster on him , get the best courtesy he has to offer & tell him to phone you as soon as its fixed . You could also mumble under your breath about rejecting the Duster as not being fit for purpose & of unmerchantable quality ...

Reactions: antavi and Boots

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi they forgot to fit my protection pack on my car, the only part they couldn't get was the reversing sensor kit this was on back order for just under a month about 28 days. It did make me think how they were continuing to fit them at the port but having heard of sensors with no visual displays and protection packs with possibly no alarm it makes you wonder whether they are releasing cars part finished. Hope your fan comes quickly, it is worrying as one of the reasons I went for the car was that the majority of the parts come from either Renault or Nissan cars and are not specific to the duster so you wonder whether Renault parts also can't get parts for Renault cars or if the dacia is just the poor relation.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
it took its time, but i have no complaint actually, cos the parts are superior to the ones they replaced , have been re-designed and were fitted professionally. so i'd rather wait for proper genuine dacia parts than 3rd party substandard parts fitted as a rushed job. i was frustrated with the wait, but the parts were redesigned and manufactured, worth waiting for those, than being replaced with the same rubbish seal that leaked!!! sorry i disagree with you!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
had issues with the adventure pack trim when i picked up my duster. they got them in after a month +. when they opened the boxes at the garage they were damaged, so only half trim done

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
I've been waiting about 16 weeks (112 days) for a new instrument panel and 2 door seals.

Had a call last week saying that all parts had come in, car went in to have them fitted yesterday.

Had a call today saying its the wrong instrument panel. It had the right part number on the box, but the wrong (presumably Access) instrument panel inside.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I've been waiting about 16 weeks (112 days) for a new instrument panel and 2 door seals.

Had a call last week saying that all parts had come in, car went in to have them fitted yesterday.

Had a call today saying its the wrong instrument panel. It had the right part number on the box, but the wrong (presumably Access) instrument panel inside.
Its rubbish about your wait for the instrument panel, and then the wrong one...! Feel for you Chris.

Did the door seals arrive and have they replaced those...? Hope so

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
They said they had the door seals and fitting them was a 5 minute job. As mentioned elsewhere though, I think the problem with rust under the door seals was caused by inadequate paint on the edges, the same as under the bonnet. Since my car was repainted there weeks ago, and the original seals refitted, the rust has not come back.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
the door seals are crap on dusters cheap crappy poorly moulded rubber
in george's case the quality of the seal was NOT the issue, it was how one side had been fitted. as Chris has said, if the paint work is fine, then the seals do the job. the way they were fitted were george's issue and that water got in. If water is not getting in, and you have no signs of rust, then surely there is nothing wrong with the ones you have and they are more than adequate . 99.9% of dusters so far have no issues, the few of us with genuine issues are being addressed. one side of George has the old seal, its fit for purpose and is doing its job.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Only just spotted your thread 2d'schris - good idea. Might be better though as a general Daciaforum thread (rather than a Duster one) or perhaps Nick might like to consider similar threads for each model [Nick?]

I spotted this thread after a minor rant re this matter on Peter's "A Very Ill Duster". The spares/getting-it-fixed delay is starting to put me off. Accepting that all marques have problems, the clincher is whether problems are resolved quickly. Seemingly, Dacia are not on the button here, at least in the UK. I am wondering how they get such high owner satisfaction ratings on the continent - perhaps continental cousins are getting a better "fix-it" service (?)

In summary: I really hope other members will use this thread so we can get a good picture and, hopefully, monitor Dacia improvement !!!?

Finally: anyone wish to offer an opinion on whether Renault owners are also suffering on the spares/fix-it front?

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
with regard to the door seals....there were none in Europe during George's issues....the distribution centre is in France....

So if there were seal issues there.....then they would have had the same wait....

They refused to supply the inferior part...whilst they re-manufactured a new one.

George was top of the list for replacement for over 6 weeks because he had interior ingress.

I must stress that NOW....the seals have been re-designed and manufactured...so the problem should not re-appear with regard to seals.

having said that...the replacement that George got, had his VIN number on...and my name....so it was allocated in India...

The courier labels had India and Chennai on them...

I am happy that the correct part was supplied under warranty by Dacia....I would wait again for correct parts...that substandard quicker ones.

Please don't use me.....or George's seal as an example of lousy service.....

I am HAPPY with the outcome....and the fact that I waited for a re-engineered part...

I personally think it was worth the wait.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
with regard to the door seals....there were none in Europe during George's issues....the distribution centre is in France....

.... (edited quote) ....

I am HAPPY with the outcome....and the fact that I waited for a re-engineered part...

I personally think it was worth the wait.
That's fair enough - knowing you are getting re-engineered/improved parts is worth waiting for !! Otherwise ......

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have discussed the lack of availability of a Duster radiator cooling fan with Dacia customer services today. I did this with the support of my dealer who felt that customer services would have more clout than he.

Although the fan motor is common to many Renault vehicles, it is riveted to a plastic mount which is unique to Dacia which makes supplying it rather more complicated. My dealer offered a courtesy car but I'm not travelling far from home just now and in this lovely weather I'm cycling everywhere. I haven't driven my Duster for a week so someone else can have the courtesy car just now.

The chap on the phone at customer services was very polite and helpful. He was keen to help as much as he can and also wanted to maintain the reputation of Dacia's products and my confidence in them. The part needs to be sourced from India and he will do what he can to expedite its delivery. He also promised to text or phone back with updates on progress. He was also impressed by my strategy in case of further overheating of the car, running the heater and interior fan at full rate!

Arob wonders if there's a similar problem with Renault cars. I suspect not as these parts are probably sourced within Europe. I suspect that demand for Dusters out of the Indian factory means that all Duster parts for RHD models are routed there. If needed as spares they are then sourced from India. You might ask "why can't parts be sourced from LHD production?" I don't have an answer, except that in many industries the supply chain for components or parts can be illogical and labyrinthine!

It is important that we document difficulties with the supply of Dacia parts. I'm particularly concerned about body panels not being available and subsequent writing off of lightly damaged vehicles. This is likely to increase the cost of insurance for Dacias.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the body panels Chris, as has been said on that thread this is common to all makes of car with reference to insurance write offs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Only had my Duster for 10 days when some silly "person" reversed into it. Needed a new drivers door, & dealer said I may have to wait a couple of weeks. That was over 4 months ago !

Dacia customer care are worse than useless, forever being told that they have no delivery date for me.

I told them I could have a new car delivered in 8 - 12 weeks & they said "new customers would always get priority". I replied, so basically, you're saying we've had your money now clear off.

All the enjoyment of driving my new car has been taken away from me as it has a massive dent in the side.

Wish I'd never bought the blooming thing & my next car will not be a Dacia as the "customer care" is too incompetent & the spare parts are non existent.

What a complete & utter shambles of a company

·
Registered
16 Posts
Only had my Duster for 10 days when some silly "person" reversed into it. Needed a new drivers door, & dealer said I may have to wait a couple of weeks. That was over 4 months ago !

Dacia customer care are worse than useless, forever being told that they have no delivery date for me.

I told them I could have a new car delivered in 8 - 12 weeks & they said "new customers would always get priority". I replied, so basically, you're saying we've had your money now clear off.

All the enjoyment of driving my new car has been taken away from me as it has a massive dent in the side.

Wish I'd never bought the blooming thing & my next car will not be a Dacia as the "customer care" is too incompetent & the spare parts are non existent.

What a complete & utter shambles of a company
Do you have gap insurance on it m8? was the other person at fault? if so go for someone who will give you a hire car for the period of time you need the parts for and they will scrap the car as it's to expensive,

1 - 20 of 27 Posts