UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello. New member and due to get a Duster commercial 4x4 in the next week or so.

It will be used off-road and I will be fitting a set of AT tyres.

Does anyone know what the max width you can fit before they start fouling suspension or trim?

Maybe 235/60/16? As the diameter is almost identical.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have 235/60/16 AT tyres fitted to my Duster:

6633653031343432.jpg

At the rear axle I've fitted 30mm wheel spacers on both sides. Front is a problem since the diameter of AT tyres is greater as on paper, esp. on retreaded tyres (my choice: Insa Turbo Ranger AT, they come with the "old" BFG AT profile). Even with smaller spacers (18mm on each side) the "back" of the tyre touches the aft part of the front wheel well liner when turning left/right. So, at the front I have fitted no spacers, and there are just a couple of millimetres space left. But it works.

On the other hand, the part of the wheel well that is in the way, could be easily fixed. The liner covers an edge that could be hammered flat, then the plastic liner needs to be treated/flattened with a hot-air blower.

Happy pimping ~ Daytona!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Something to be aware of...I have standard size A/Ts on mine. I've noticed that my traction control doesn't kick in and every now and again (4 times in a year) all of the dash warning lights illuminate when going over speedhumps.

I mentioned this on the 1st service this week and the dealer confirmed that they could replicate the lack of traction control. However they stated this was due to the non OE tyres! I told them they were talking rubbish, that there is no requirement for OE tyres. What if the manufacturer changed models as they often do? They then came back with that they are oversize. No I said, they just look larger because of the tread pattern. Off they went and came back saying the Mastertech says it's because you don't have a standard tread pattern!

I told them it was nonsense, so they have agreed to look into again by fitting the tyres from their demonstrator onto mine. The demo is on order to be built!!

I have Dacia CS involved who seemed very confused over the dealers stance and stressed that "as a layperson" she couldn't understand how a tyre would affect electrical and mechanical equipment. They are speaking with the dealer and getting back to me next week.

The dealer will try ANYTHING to wiggle out of it, which is strange because they are paid for the work by Dacia aren't they?!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Not sure I want to go to the hassle of wheel spacers, so may just use standard size tyres.

I can imagine if I used a different size tyre that could well be used against me under a warranty claim, but just using AT tyres, especially on a 4x4 seems crazy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts