UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No doubt like many of us here, I am spending an inordinate amount of time scouring the 'net for reviews of the Duster. I have even been watching reviews from India (and even Russia!) on YouTube. It seems to me that the Indian market is getting the better of us in the UK when it comes to the upholstery of the seats. There was one in particular that had what looked like cream leatherette with 3 dark squares in it. They also get a rear arm rest with 2 drinks holders when it is folded down.

Is mine here yet?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just tried to find it. I haven't yet found the one that clearly shows the trim and rear arm rest/ cup holder but this gives a sample of it......

You'll need to keep an eye on it until they flash a series of slides and the upholstery I am referring to is shown on that.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is better, 2 mins 34 in...

I also like the chrome radiator grill and noticed the horn is on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nice to see a rear armrest and a rear vent for the air con. Don't suppose that will make it to the UK soon and certainly not in time for mine which I have been informed will be a mid April delivery. Will have to wait and see about that.

I am expecting a delay and my car has died on me today. It is now unsafe to drive so using my sons until the Duster arrives.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I heard on one of the Indian clips that the air-con vent is specific to the Indian market, I'm guessing they get more hot weather than we do eh?

·
Registered
43 Posts
the duster is branded as a reno in india and russia. it s normal to have more """""""" luxuries """"""""" if one can call it that.
micknand , YES , india is hot man , very hot. weather here is arctic compared to india. they need air con even in the toilet. here , I have yet to turn the aircon one time in my car. have no idea if it even works.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Is it a case that those are Renaults as opposed to Dacia's. Same car I know but it would be a logical assumption for Renault to have a higher spec as Dacia is being sold as their budget brand. Just a thought. Different brands so different specs.

However the fact they are available on the Renault versions maybe these extras can be got as aftermarket additions at some stage for the Dacia as I would imagine they are very much interchangeble.

There could be a lot of us shopping for parts in India soon ;-)

It is being sold as Renault in places like Brazil too.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
I did also notice the Indian vehicle got a 4year 80k km warranty as standard as opposed to our 3 year warranty. The rear vent/ control and the rear arm rest looked neat. I'm sure if we could get the parts then fitting the rear vent and control would be possible.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Cream interior looks good, would be a nightmare to keep clean though? I'll be quite happy with black, especially with kids!

·
Registered
43 Posts
i think the seats are not very very.... on my taste.... I mean the shape of the seats
in romania there are a lot of 3rd party companies that make leather interiors cheap and nice. any color , any combination...
I like the air vent as well but that is just not necessary in the uk. just like the ac.

·
Registered
431 Posts
i think the seats are not very very.... on my taste.... I mean the shape of the seats
in romania there are a lot of 3rd party companies that make leather interiors cheap and nice. any color , any combination...
I like the air vent as well but that is just not necessary in the uk. just like the ac.
Yes, I'm with you on the seat shape but they were surprisingly comfortable. If any of those companies have a web site and possibly deliver to UK / Ireland please post up avail was thinking of using a UK Company but they only do PVC covers so would appreciate any assistance.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Irishwhiskeychaser I suspect there are to be quite a few packages journeying Westward from Mainland Europe to ourselves. Mad really that even though most of us have not got the car yet, we are already planning our individual touches.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts