UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I picked up my stepway today (love her!) but I noticed when I got home there is a bit of blue pen on my leather steering wheel!!
What is the safest way to clean it off would you think? or should I go back to the dealer?
It's only a small line, so feel a bit daft going back but it's really irritated me sitting in the house knowing it's there on my steering wheel ha ha.
Thanks!
Tam.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, hairspray is suppose to work a treat at removing biro from leather. Never tried it myself so personally i would spray a little on a cloth and try it that way. Maybe dab it on and gently rub.

·
Premium Member
4,022 Posts
Hi, hairspray is suppose to work a treat at removing biro from leather. Never tried it myself so personally i would spray a little on a cloth and try it that way. Maybe dab it on and gently rub.
I removed biro ink from a light grey leather sofa with acetone based nail varnish remover on a cotton bud ! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok well I will be going down armed with baby wipes, hair spray and cloth tomorrow - if I don't get it off with a bit gently rubbing I'm calling the dealer lol
I think I'll give the acetone a miss - although I was tempted to try my clinical wipes on it at first.....that would have ended badly!
Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right okies, I shall try a baby wipe but I couldn't even dare to let acetone anywhere near the car in case I cock it up lol I can see my dealer despairing of me - I had him pulling all the blue plastic covering off the front of the car before I drove off ha ha

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sat rubbing it when I first noticed it but it won't come off and a baby wipe took some of it off but blue ink on black wheel = obvious!
Going to try a leather cleaning wipe and then I'm off to the dealer, they can't even quibble about it cause all my paperwork from them is in blue ink.......can't believe I've had the car 2 minutes and already got some damage lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I've booked in for the dealer valet to sort it all out - it's not that I don't trust your tips but the thought of me doing it filled me with dread - I am the most unlucky person ever, I'd end up breaking my car I just know it lol
I do think they've been leaning on the wheel when checking the car like, was not impressed!

·
Premium Member
4,022 Posts
Well I've booked in for the dealer valet to sort it all out - it's not that I don't trust your tips but the thought of me doing it filled me with dread - I am the most unlucky person ever, I'd end up breaking my car I just know it lol
I do think they've been leaning on the wheel when checking the car like, was not impressed!

Don't blame you, if that's how you feel, better let them bug**r it up ! Then it's their problem :-(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts