UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
As I'm getting closer to the pick up day of my new car I was just trying to make a little list of things to look out for. Thankfully I've not found to much but from a brief search of the duster topics is the following all that needs to be looked out for

Exterior:
Paint flecks in bodywork - already checked
Bungs in chassis from production line - All present and correct
Rust marks around inside wings and door sills - TBC
General panel alignment - All good

Interior:
Any water marks on carpets in foot wells
Rattles around the steering rack, seat belts and seats
Gauge displays

As I've got no additional packs added I can at least ignore the after fit workman ship.

Any other tips would be much appreciated as like a lot of people this is my first new car. In fact I'm probably scrutinising more than any off the 18 cars previously owned.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
not being paranoid, but make sure the door seals look straight and not wavy....and look the same both sides...
lift the bonnet and check for rust around any nuts that have been painted over.
think that covers it
good topic pandas :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Very useful post! Thanks for comments/drawings will make use of them :)

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for those bits of advice. As I say I've had a real good look around the outside of the car already as its parked in the holding lot at the dealers. It's all those places on the inside that haven't been accessible just yet.

I know there is a good warranty but judging by some of the time frames given for repairs/parts etc.. I'd rather have no issues to start with

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
I seem to recall early reports of rust on the thin edge of bonnet seams also.

I received THE call today - apparently has already had her dealership PDI. However, she will be put back on the ramp to allow me to take a look underneath next Wed. Fingers crossed then.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
congrats panders

just like i wrote this for vgn92, very happy for u as well

check out everything pops to ur mind big or small

and yes definitely every function switch button EVERYTHING on the car

every option that u order if its fitted right and how they work as alarm system parking sensors

make them earn their money

make a list break it down in 4 main parts: 1 engine, 2 interior, 3 boot, 4 exterior (overall)

it should be clean washed and polished, engine wise, all your interest where u put oil, oil stick check the level (if the engine was started, and want to see the oil level leave the car resting for 10-15 minutes for the oil to rest to give the right level and on level ground ), engine coolant level, window washer bottle, brake fluid level, air filter, fuse box and the fuse box that is inside the car on ur passenger side

spare tire, jack, key for the wheel nuts and the emergency hook for towing in case of breakdown

all the lights, drl lights, the switch that adjust the height of the lights

very important the books, user manual, service book for the car

media nav all the function and how they work

and everything that u have to get as promised by the dealer or dacia when u ordered the car (mats, freebies etc)

many happy safe miles in it ;)

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Thanks for those bits of advice. As I say I've had a real good look around the outside of the car already as its parked in the holding lot at the dealers. It's all those places on the inside that haven't been accessible just yet.

I know there is a good warranty but judging by some of the time frames given for repairs/parts etc.. I'd rather have no issues to start with
Absolutely....but who looks at door seals !!!!!! I know far too much about them now... LOL.... :rolleyes: !!!!

In reality, the numbers of cars sold is high...and the numbers with issues is low...thats what is important and you should focus on. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts