UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
May be of interest to someone!

I have been looking for insurance for my Access Duster so went to confused.com and was pleasantly confronted with some quotes starting at £115 fully comp with Saga. Eventually settled with the Co-operative insurance through the RAC at £133.08 fully comp including legal cover. I have 9 years NCB protected and a named driver with full NCB on the policy. The tow bar on the vehicle added an amazing 4 pence to the insurance. I asked how much a set of aftermarket alloy wheels would add to the policy but was told they would not cover this particular addition. So unfortunately no alloys for me this year! Strange thinking by the Co-op, when they could have made a few more pennies from me later in the year. Insurance is very strange to say the least!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Just had my insurance renewal quote. I hate insurance companies who just quote stupidly low prices for the first year by way of a loss leader and then nail you in year two......

Fully comp, for me and my wife, the premium is going up from £139 to £143.

It's outrageous..... :mellow:

Dammit but I love this car!! :lol:

Reactions: Troute

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
Last year I paid £260 with privilege.

Renewal just came today at £244

Best quote from Comparethemarket.com was £249.77 (Quotemehappy.com, part of Aviva)

Best quote from Chris Knotts (via here) was £351

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
mine is £260 for the next year.....but is the 4x4....so i'd expect to pay more for it....

and i drive into Edinburgh everyday....

unfortunately the hospital is between Chav-town and Neds-ville so it bumps the premiums up

but the road tax is £130 less than the C4, and the insurance £112 less

So i'm still quids in !!!!

Wooooo Hooooooo :D :lol: :D :lol:

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Mine is up in just under a month, fingers crossed, it was £163 last time.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Just got some quotes, £144. I can get it for less but it would be with a BISL company and I wouldn't urinate on them to out the fire out...

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Budget Insurance Services Ltd or BGL. They are often the company behind the big names not normally associated with insurance like the Post Office. The AA and Co-op used to be but not sure if they still are. BISL will be the people on the end of the phone if you need to contact your insurer.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
BISL is the main trading name of BGL Financial Services.

They operate as Budget, Bennetts, Dial Direct, Comparethemarket.com, and provide insurance through Post Office, M&S Money, Bradford and Bingley, Yes Insurance and others.

http://www.bglgroup.co.uk/

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Just got some quotes, £144. I can get it for less but it would be with a BISL company and I wouldn't urinate on them to out the fire out...
If you've petrol and matches can I throw Aviva on the bonfire please?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ouch! why is that? Churchill are one of the cheapest quotes for me.
I think it is the usual new customers only deal then a real good slap when you come to renew, one thing I did notice with Churchill is that any changes you wanted to make they would always charge an admin fee.They wouldn't accept my renewal notice as proof of no claims which meant I had to pester my previous insurance company for a letter to prove the NCB otherwise they were going to remove all my discount.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Your ncb should be on the insurance certificate/documents if you can remember where you put them.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
BISL is the main trading name of BGL Financial Services.

They operate as Budget, Bennetts, Dial Direct, Comparethemarket.com, and provide insurance through Post Office, M&S Money, Bradford and Bingley, Yes Insurance and others.

http://www.bglgroup.co.uk/
I didn't know the meerkats were part of that group! I'll use one of the alternative comparing services.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
Peter Jones appeared as a "celebrity spokesman" in Moneysupermarket adverts, I don't think he owns it. Its 54% owned by one of the guys who set it up when he was a student.

Moneysupermarket owns Martin Lewis's moneysavingexpert.com. They paid him £87million for it.

Comparison sites seldom cover the whole market, to get the best rate try using MoneySupermarket, GoCompare, Confused.com and ComparetheMarket.com, and then ring Direct Line and Aviva who don't appear in comparison sites (well they do but under different brands).

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
@chrisl300

whatever....all i was saying was i have used them for many different products over the years and found them good...

moneysupermarket.com still give a good comparison and review of products....

notwithstanding

that all companies appearing on a comparison website....probably pay advertising and for the priviledge of having customers

directed towards them !

1 - 20 of 30 Posts