UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called the insurance company just now to see about getting my current policy moved over to the Duster and the total cost is only £47 including £12 admin fee. I had expected more.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My total cost would be £161, the best on line quote I found was £148. My current insurance has 10 months to run so that's pretty good price wise, I'm so used to insurance companies trying to rip me off.

·
Registered
23 Posts
does fitting an alarm to the access make any difference to the insurance? my wifes just swapped over from a freelander and its a bit cheaper and all they asked her was the reg number!

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fit an alarm if you need one not just to reduce insurance costs, you're not likely to recoup the cost of alarm+fitting in the short term.

·
Registered
52 Posts
For the Dokker im at 260 Euros Half yearly (fully comp 14 yrs no claims) and thats a pretty good quote i could go a little cheaper but nower days its all done online and through emails so after being ripped off enough in the past i only deal with people face to face so i can get answers when i need them !

I would of had a much better rate when i was with AXa and they said a few years ago as i bought a different car "go else where if you think you can get cheaper and better than us" :eek: ... i did... and I DID... lmao !

They obviously dont need the business then. :lol:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was told not to go to LVM insurance company because they are expensive so i just got a quote anyway ...omg ... i pay half yearly @ Euro 276,00 for fully Comp (just came through the post from Provincial insurance) LVM gave me a quote for Euro 209.00 thats Euro 140 cheaper yearly ....and if i changed my other insurances to them it will be evan cheaper....im shocked... it pays to shop around and sometimes ignore what people say .... go check yourselves !!! No guesses to which company i will be changing to !

* NB German Insurance Companies.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was also pleasantly surprised. I got insurance for a Sandero lauréate dci 90 with alloy wheels, medianav, metallic paint etc. fully comprehensive, for £180.

I had to tell the company about the extras... alloys, metalic paint and medianav, and it didn't raise the price at all.

The best part is that it cost £40 a year less to insure than my old Peugeot 1.4 petrol 306.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Any extras that are factory fitted are not deemed as modifications although informing them what is fitted I guess doesn't harm so you covered and I doubt peoppe would steal the medianav as it wont work in any other vehicle apart from dacias

·
Registered
27 Posts
Chuffed to discover my duster access insurance will be slightly cheaper than my '04 daewoo matiz 0.89 engine! £331. That's for on street parking in a less than classy area with 8 years no claims. Sheila's wheels.

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Sigh. Best part of two grand for mine with Admiral. But that includes insurance for 19 year old with Mini Cooper and 3 points, and 21 year old with Fiesta. The Duster bit was minimal.

·
Events Committee Member
1,022 Posts
Sigh. Best part of two grand for mine with Admiral. But that includes insurance for 19 year old with Mini Cooper and 3 points, and 21 year old with Fiesta. The Duster bit was minimal.
You're too soft with those boys Maud!! (but isn't that what parents are for)

Reactions: Maud Fondeo

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Don't I know it!!! And Admiral don't even know about the speeding fine yet so no doubt that will be reflected in next year's premium!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
My son and I are swapping cars with each of us as a named driver on each others policies to keep the mileage down on our main car a Santa Fe and me drive his Passat until its is replaced with a Logan MCV. Trying to sort this proved a job too far as well as a ridiculous price for our respective insurance companies so called Chris Knott and although it took a bit of to and fro'ing with the underwriters it was sorted. They have saved us £400 and as a named driver I can drive the Santa Fe in France which I could have done with the original insurers but it would have meant taking the main driver my son with us. At 25 he wasn't overly keen on the idea!

Anyway, our slightly out of the ordinary needs were understood, sorted and at a very keen price by happy helpful people the other end of the phone so I'm impressed. :D

·
Registered
382 Posts
Just insured my 1.2 Sandero (ready for Sunday :) ) with courtesy car, legal cover, protected no claims and the lowest excess I've had just £200 - FOR..... 178 quid bargain Astra last year was over £300 and renewal was about the same (although comparison sites were saying about £220 for the Astra) Roll on the first......

They did ask if I wanted to add a named driver as it might reduce the premium I said not in this case as Mrs S can't drive, she had a few lessons when she was 17 but couldn't be bothered with it....... but funny though she thinks this limited 'training' qualifies her to comment on my driving..... :rolleyes:

And there is no way on earth my mum is getting anywhere near the driving seat of it :p so no point naming her as a driver

1 - 20 of 28 Posts