UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be collecting my new duster prime on Sunday. We asked if they needed our insurance cover note to tax it and they said they didn't need it.... bit odd!
By the way, I am going to put my wife down as the policy owner but although she's been a named driver with me she has no ncb anyone know of any good insurance company's who offer top cover at a reasonable cost.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
217 Posts
I will be collecting my new duster prime on Sunday. We asked if they needed our insurance cover note to tax it and they said they didn't need it.... bit odd!
By the way, I am going to put my wife down as the policy owner but although she's been a named driver with me she has no ncb anyone know of any good insurance company's who offer top cover at a reasonable cost.

May be of help to you.

Give Swinton insurance brokers a call. They found me a company called Ageas that came in with a quote that worked out at £130ish after £75 pound cash back after 3 months. This was for fully comprehensive, protected. See my post of April 2014 in insurance section. Bear in mind that insurance premiums are on the way up by around 6% at the moment.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May be of help to you.
Give Swinton insurance brokers a call. They found me a company called Ageas that came in with a quote that worked out at £130ish after £75 pound cash back after 3 months. This was for fully comprehensive, protected. See my post of April 2014 in insurance section. Bear in mind that insurance premiums are on the way up by around 6% at the moment.
Thank you.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Thank you.

Air a little caution with swinton, on renewal they auto renew your policy and whap up thhe price..
The way I find to get the best price, is go on the main comparison sites, I use Go Compare, Confused, Google compare. you don't really need to try Swinton as there prices come up on the comparison sites anyway.... My current policy was £150, fully comp with protected no claims, legal cover, key cover, only £100 excess and free breakdown cover ( don't really need breakdown cover as you get 3yrs breakdown cover with your new Dacia )

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
It might be wise to be cautious about accepting their free insurance offer if you already have insurance.

Although "more" insurance might seem better, were you to have an accident you might find that both insurance companies end up being liable for half the costs, resulting in 2 claims and twice the paperwork.

or there is often a clause saying your insurance covers you for things not already covered under another policy, so which one covers you in the event of a claim, they both might say its the other company.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
I accepted the free insurance to allow them to register and tax it. On the morning of the collection I contacted my own insurance to say I was changing my car. They said that both cars would be covered for that day so that I could deliver my trade in and collect my new car at any time during the day. When I arrived at the dealers I told them to cancel my 'free' insurance as, as Chris says, I didn't want any hassle of 2 insurance companies should the worst happen ! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts