UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my stepway laureate tc90 insurance is up for renewal, its an 2014 model and just valued it for renewal , I paid 10500 and now its worth 5000 on average. with less than 10000 miles. that is some depreciation. has anyone else noticed this drop in value :eek:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Wwds iv just paid my insurance for yr was quited £197 went compare.com got £118.60 full comp total value car £9500

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
I've insured my 4 month old car for £7000.

Keeping the value high when you insure it is another way insurance companies scam you on the premium. Keep it realistic because you will only get market value if it's a total loss anyway.

Doesn't matter what you THINK it's worth. Only classic or rare cars get an agreed value.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
My new insurance company car will be 2yr old April 2016 still get new replacement car as long milage not above 12000 miles

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
I've insured my 4 month old car for £7000.

Keeping the value high when you insure it is another way insurance companies scam you on the premium. Keep it realistic because you will only get market value if it's a total loss anyway.

Doesn't matter what you THINK it's worth. Only classic or rare cars get an agreed value.
as I said above

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
yeah, and the car won't be worth anything near £9350 the second I drove it out the showroom.

If I insure it for £5000 or £9000 I will still only get market value

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
long ago I had a skoda fabia insulted , sorry insured

with tescos and my 14 month old car was written off, they said I could buy the same for 3000 less than anything advertised on market, insurance is always a rip off just like mortgages are. but my point is how they can justify giving me on half the car value on a renewal quote

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
, I valued my logan at 7500 when new, even though it cost me a bit more than that. It'll be valued at 6000 this year in June... By the year after it'll be gone ;-)

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
Yeah, I've been driving and riding for 35 years and I haven't had to claim on insurance yet.

I cannot see the extra money as being well spent.

Reactions: Troute

·
Registered
110 Posts
When I wrote off my Alfa the assessor looked though Autotrader and looks for a average of prices of same car in my area. This is probably how most of them work out what to pay out for any car.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Surely no-body buys a Dacia thinking it will hold its value? You buy the car (because you want/need/like it or it's what you can afford) to run it as a working car, not as an investment.

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
Surely no-body buys a Dacia thinking it will hold its value? You buy the car (because you want/need/like it or it's what you can afford) to run it as a working car, not as an investment.
You Sir, have hit the nail on the head.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts