UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most know i have a stepway, its been in getting paintwork sorted and ive been reading alot whilet trying to decide on audio upgrade.

Well on its arrival home i start stripping!!!!

i am going to apply 80% covering of internals of all panels with a cheap equivalent of dynamat.

boot floor and spare wheel well

rear arches and up inside rear wings

all 4 doors will get two layers on outer skin and inner skin

closed cell foam covering area behind speaker

airtight the doors

carpet and seats out mostly covering floor pan, and alot over the tunnel, inc outside of tunnel behind alluminium heat shield

inside and outside of bulkhead

front arch guards removal and apply to plastic and inside of wings.

the sound deadening on the dacias is rubbish and the difference made by doing this will be profound as assessed by a company who does sound deadening.

The result will be: road noise illimination, 40% increase in sound from stereo (on average), and a very solid feel of the car and driving.

itll add about 15kg but worth it.

Anyone interested in me doing a build thread for this? if so ill document it on the way. i have a decibel meter to do like for like before and after at 70mph, and with stereo on/off

·
Registered
349 Posts
based on the area feet sq of un deadened paneling, the difference will be massive. probably wont make any difference to ambient and wind noise as its purely designed to remove any vibration through road noise. of which there is more than one might think.

the panels resonate at a frequency we think we arent hearing. but have you noticed that the bass seems less intense at higher speeds? its not, its just the bass is resonating through panel instead of into car, and when road vibes match frequency, stereo sound is lost.

i was recently in a friends deadened nissan juke and it was really strange, so quiet, like a double glazed prestige motor. however you can still hear horns and sirens hence my choice.

here is an example to prove the point,

70% or more coverage and this is difference. only a 1.5mm skin but transforms vibration into energy, allowing speaker to actuate all sound into the car, and reducing any panel noise. as said Dacia sound deadening is attrocious.

i shall post videos and sound decibel numbers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts