UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It just crossed my mind that the Laureate 4x4 I road tested last week had a moulded rack type thingy that was fitted from the front interior lamp backwards to just level with the back of the front seats. Hope that's clear! Best way to describe it. It seems like it's a papers rack or whatever. Anyone seen the same thing. I'm wondering if all the variants will come with it fitted.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I saw it and thought it would be a great place to store something heavy (like a laptop) until you go round a corner and it falls on your head. The Laureate I was in also had the chromed side and front bars on but I didn't order those to keep the cost down. The vehicle I was in also had an arm rest. Not expecting the interior rack and armrest in mine as only ordered the protection pack.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Hmmm, interesting, I can't recall ever seeing this, either to be specced on within a Duster. Maybe it's a new addition to the accessory range?

·
Registered
95 Posts
rack in light grey was i the car i also tested as was the arm rest. the rack was in both demo cars but arm rest only in the 4x4. rep said they new nothing about the rack and they did not order the arm rest , as this is part of the touring pack with the tow bar. Look like we will have to wait to be suprised, i did fancy the arm rest but it makes it hard to get at the hand brake, i looked at a after market unit with folds up but they donot make one for the dacia --YET-- but may later. des

·
Registered
64 Posts
The 4x2 Laureate I tested had one, had a quick poke at it but I couldn't see how it was fixed, I wouldn't trust it with anything heavier than my sunglasses.
Don't want to be negative but the edges were quite sharp and I could imagine scraping my sausage-like fingers on it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Read somewhere else that it might be a map rack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts