UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Did a nice little mod yesterday. I swapped the rear single interior light for the same as the front (1 courtesy and 2 map lights) bought off ebay for £2.80.

Then i swapped all 6 bulbs for LED bulbs (3 ultra bright in the front), nice crisp lighting front and back.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Added another 3 of the ultra bright LED bulbs, glove box, boot & high level brake light.

Was going to get the LZparts LED high level brake light upgrade, but the ultra bright LED bulb is brighter than the standard bulb & lights up very quick, and cheaper than the upgrade.

V. happy. :D

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Made the switch from the two-light (center courtesy and 1 map light) to the three switch light in the front this morning. It took a whopping 4 or 5 minutes. In the rear, I have a single lamp/switch.

I'm considering doing a little modification to the two switch lamp set from the front by adding a USB charging port in the empty space where the second map light is missing, then installing it in place of the single lamp in the back, providing a full-time overhead USB charging outlet for rear seat passengers. Well, mostly my son, who as a little guy, keeps getting his feet tangled in the cable when we use the cigarette outlet on the floor.

Looking at the guts, this shouldn't be too difficult. The large brass-looking conductors in the lamp housing should be easy enough to solder to, and the circuit patterns weren't hard to figure out.

I'm looking at two options. First to disassemble a USB charger that fits into the cigarette lighter socket. Second, to source a brand new 2 outlet USB socket made to be installed in the dash, etc.

Option 1 gives me immeditate gratification, as I already have 2 of these sockets on hand.

Option 2 will give me a better looking final outcome, but will have to wait until I can find the socket, or it arrives from being ordered.

Has anyone else undertaken a similar modification?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts