UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the storage compartment on the roof (inside) of the Duster is standard?

When I test drove a Leaureate (4x2) at the dealers and inside was a storage compartment that went along the middle of the roof. It looked like a really handy compartment for sunglasses and the like.

Question is, is this standard feature as the saleman actually said they weren't sure if it was or not.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi Alex,

Yes I beleive it is standard on the Leaureate and was the main reason I went for the Ambiance trim as it annoyed me so much. It makes the cabin space feel really small at the front. I test drove a Leaureate and I just couldn't get on with the map holder to the left of my head. I also found an Ambiance at a different dealership and it had no map rack. Happy if not cluttered days. Might be worth checking with the dealership though just to make sure.
Does anyone know if the storage compartment on the roof (inside) of the Duster is standard?

When I test drove a Leaureate (4x2) at the dealers and inside was a storage compartment that went along the middle of the roof. It looked like a really handy compartment for sunglasses and the like.

Question is, is this standard feature as the saleman actually said they weren't sure if it was or not.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Agree Bex, changed from the Top of the range to the Ambiance due to the interior rack, the steel wheels, both outweighed the aircon. Oh yes, and the £1500!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm quite glad as I rather liked the storage space. Useful for putting sunglasses out of sight. Not sure I'll put any maps in it though haha.

I'm over 6ft and didn't find it too intrusive luckily.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi Alex, sorry didn't mean to offend. We are all different which is why we choose diferent spec cars. I wish I could have liked it because it would have solved a storeage problem for me but Im just going to have to put up with a cluttered car. Best wishes

I'm quite glad as I rather liked the storage space. Useful for putting sunglasses out of sight. Not sure I'll put any maps in it though haha.

I'm over 6ft and didn't find it too intrusive luckily.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, I didn't take offence or anything. :) Don't worry I'm not the sensitive type haha.

Believe me, this seems like one of the nicest forums about. Some of the really big forums I've been on don't make you feel at home like on here.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Roof storage is standard on Laureate only. Strangely it is not mentioned anywhere in the literature so think of it as a freebie.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It appears to of been added to the web site. Was mention of it on the Laureate model as I was showing my mate the car and it mentioned an overhead compartment.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I did not notice this when I viewed and test drove a Laureate. Can someone kindly post a photo?

Graham

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've been Googling but not found an image of it.

If you can picture a tray fixed to the roof, runs along between driver and front passenger. Probably a few inches deep so you could put sunglasses, wallet etc up there.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I didn't notice it until I had finished my short test drive (seems so long ago now) and was trying to take everything in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I did notice it on the test drive in January, but when I picked up my Duster Laureat today I hardly noticed it and actually found it a handy place to store my reading specs and pork scratchings.

Here it is.

IMG-20130330-00077_zps10910dd9.jpg

·
Registered
188 Posts
Honestly I didn't even notice it on the test drive, and then when I picked my one up I looked and there is was.
Can't see how anyone could hit their head on it, I am over 6ft and I would have to left myself out of my seat and lean over to get my head to touch it.
It is split into two section as it has a small lip about 3/4 of the way down, I store my sat nav in the rear section and glasses in the front section.
Useful additional storage, but it is not something I would consider buying or not buying a model for.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts