UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10 month old sander ambience 1.2 petrol engine, I have been getting the intermittent start up problem, turn the key in ignition, engine turns over but does not fire up, happened about 15 times so far, last night I emailed dacia at Shirley Birmingham asking for any information on this problem? they sent me 2 emails.

they want £49.95 to run a diagnostic on the car and if they find a problem , I will be refunded the £49.95.....all I have asked for was information, is this fair practice? or should I just wait until the car breaks down and then phone them?...not impressed at all if im honest....I asked for information and all I got was a way of making themselves money.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Car is under warranty. I have a sandero 1.2 ambience with what seems like the same problem. Speak to Dacia customer relations as they are aware of my issues. It was helped by a ecu software update but still persists. Only problem is its intermittent so the garage gets the car and it doesn't show the mechanic the problem. But get them to update the ecu software. It helps at least.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh and they should update for free. If not ask Dacia customer relations. Hope this helps, I fully understand how frustrating this is.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
It warantry fault they got some neck asking for u to pay for fault there dealers suppose to have hi teck eqment to fault find ????????? Is have they

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Er if they find a problem?

tell them straight you've already done that for them now can they fix the bloody thing' Remember the main reason for buying new is so you have the luxury of a warranty- now man up and kick some ass.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Problem is, and unfortunately I keep getting told every time mine goes in for this problem. That it is an intermittent issue and doesn't always replicate the issue onsite. Unless it replicates itself whilst on the diagnostic machine they can't do anything but update the ecu.

Mine replicated, in their car park however. When they got it on the machine it behaved like nothing happened. Very frustrating.

I specifically went for the 1.2 engine as it's been in the clio for a number of years, I think even double figures and had hoped during that time that they build them to be reliable. Perhaps there newer 1.0 turbo petrol is probably more reliable even though there's more electric's involved than the 1.2.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Fair enough but to suggest that using a diagnostic machine is some sort of hardship that warrants the £50 charge is ludacris' it really is a case of just plugging it in.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Unfortunately I know a number of garages that do that, if you contact Dacia CS with the issues they can usually sort it out free of charge as long as it's under warranty. After all they want happy customers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts