UK Dacia Forum banner

Internal cabin/pollen filter change, Sandero ambience 1.5dci

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  JLB 
#1 ·
Hello all

Sandero, 1.5 DCI, right hand drive. 2017.

Having searched this forum and google for an answer I am still amiss on how to do this...?!

From looking into the footwells of both passenger and drivers side, I think it looks like the filter case is on the drivers side, right next to the clutch pedal.

However, I can unclip the bottom clip and the black rectangular case comes out just a little.

I don't have or see any torx screws only bolts about 8mm as a guess, do I need to unbolt these to then be able to release and pull out the cover plate to the air filter??

Many thanks in advance if anyone else has changed this themselves and can guide.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
At least on the earlier vehicles there were 3 different versions of the heater box plus 1 sealed with no pollen filter fitted to cars with no aircon though some non aircon cars did have a box which could take a filter.

The boxes had access on either footwell and 1 had a filter only available in South America though that was the same dimensions as one fitted to a Suzuki Swift.

The heater box is shared by the Duster and Sanderos. Have you seen this Duster topic.

https://www.daciaforum.co.uk/forum/topic/431-pollen-filter/

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
#6 ·
Hello all, thought I would give you an update as I have just changed the cabin/pollen filter. The small access panel is defnintely on the drivers side of my car right next to the clutch pedal. (my car is UK and RHD). No bolts or torx to unscrew, to access there are 2 plastic clips on the cover, one at the top - topright, hard to see so feel for it, and second - bottom left which you can see. you know you've unclipped these catches correctly as its instantly loose and the black panel cover which is about 7 inches long comes readily away. Yank and pull the old filter out, noting the air flow arrows, in mine the arrows point towards the boot not the engine. Final note, I went to eurocarparts and they listed two different filter sizes, bought both and returned the unused one.

#7 ·
Sorry to resurrect the thread, but When you fitted it did it seem to sit in there tidily? I've just fitted one in my partners car (old filter was missing) and it's in comfortably, but doesn't seem to want to sit in there properly. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Have you read the duster topic I linked to above especially page 2 about different size filters and alternatives that do fit?
The duster and sandero have the same heater boxes and there were variants fitted. Only laureates had air con in the early cars although some non air con cars had a heater box for a pollen filter that was not fitted others had a sealed heater box.

#9 ·
I had a look, but not sure if it applies to this car? It's a 2016 Ambience model, I don't know if they changed that component for the Sandero 2? The dimensions appear to match what I bought for it. I have a Haynes Autofix Manual for it and it reckons it's behind the glove box. Now the autofix is pants compared to their old manuals but it's what I've got. Have they ever been known to be behind the glove box?

#10 ·
Pre-facelift Ambiance did not have air con. The pipework should be obvious under the bonnet if you have it. They did not have a pollen filter and there was no access panel to fit one. However some non air con cars were fitted with an "air con" heater box with no filter installed so you could fit one if you wanted. This was presumably prefereable to stopping the line because the correct part was not available. My car has some dash trim that should not be on an Ambiance.

#11 ·
I found where the pollen filter should go in the end, it was down by the clutch pedal. Looks like it never had one in the first place like you say, and no this car doesn't have air con. I was just surprised that a modern car like this wasn't fitted with one by default regardless of air con.

#14 ·
Here's 2 pics of the cabin filter box cover. The 1st shows all three T20 screws. The 2nd is taken to include the clutch pedal in the foreground & the steering rod. They may have modified the cover now.

View attachment 37610

View attachment 37611
Thanks for the pictures.
The screws could explain why simply pulling ( not too hard ) did not show any movement
A YouTube film I have seen seemed to show that the cover was a push/pull fit .
Anyone wanting to replace the filter will need to clarify this. A push /pull fit might be more logical in view of the difficult location rather than tiny screws .

Ambvol

#16 · (Edited)
Thanks JLB, u r right! It's Philips head & not T20.

This time I was focussed on getting into position for a good shot! I used an LED torch & not the camera flash. I had opened it on purchasing the car & to replace the filter 2 yrs ago. (The 1st time I was shocked. It had a lot of small pieces of black polystyrene & polyurethane foam. I scrutinized it for rat droppings but there were none!)

Besides the negatives, I can think of a few positives. First, If I stretch my neck further I can look inside & see the evaporator (I have 2 USB endoscopes also, in case u r wondering what kind of neck I have, but I didn't use it)! If there is a gas leak at this location, oily residue w/ dust will be seen. Second, leave the lid open & turn on the blower full speed to clear out any debris that has come in from the top. Third, if I wanted to clean the evaporator, I can directly do it w/ the nozzle of an 'AC duct cleaning foam'. The long nozzles are intended to be inserted down the AC ducts from top.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.