UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some may have come up against this problem already and may have an answer.

I removed the internal rear panel on the tailgate of my Duster, which covers the rear windscreen motor and central locking device. The panel is secured by two screws in the hand recess used to pull down the tailgate when closing, together with a number of blue coloured plastic clips which are a push fit. Whilst removing the panel two of the plastic clips broke and although the panel has been replaced, minus the broken clips, I thought I would get some spares. A, to replace the broken ones and B, to have some spares, assuming they are used to secure other panels on the vehicle.

My Renault dealer could not identify the clips as individual spare parts, only as part of the complete panel.
I have contacted Renault Customer Services and after they made enquiries, I was informed that the information I had been given by the dealership was correct. The clips are not sold separately, only as part of the complete kit, which in this case would be at a cost of £30+.

My point is this. When a Duster, or other Dacia models go into a dealership and internal panels secured with this type of clip are
removed and the clips broken. How is this dealt with? Sure, if the panel seems secure without the clips then the customer is none the wiser, but If not, surely the dealership do not swallow the cost of a complete new panel/unit for a few clips costing pence.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the site info re the clips. I have ordered a selection and will post an update when I find the best one.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I'm a bit late to this convo but I had the same issue with the plastic rivets (which is what they are btw) in the wheel arch. I measured the diameter of the central 'pin' and bought some off eBay, it was something like a fiver for 50ish.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ordered several different types and have found this one fits the best as a replacement. On Amazon, Auto Trim Clips 90467-10167

1 - 9 of 9 Posts