UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Even though I haven't got mine yet- I'm really into good -no great value cars.

The more the merrier, Lodgy looks good too.

Hope my Duster lives up to my (growing) expectations of it!

# :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'd rather see the Lodgy..
The lodgy although comfortable, looses out on space so if your tall.... forget it.

It is the same as the Dokker with more "plushness" but although it looks bigger, dont let it fool you !!!

I suffer with back and spine problems ( not a waister but injuries from Martial Arts and Army Service) and the Dokker without its plush seats but firm and simple is wonderful......

·
Registered
346 Posts
The lodgy although comfortable, looses out on space so if your tall.... forget it.

It is the same as the Dokker with more "plushness" but although it looks bigger, dont let it fool you !!!

I suffer with back and spine problems ( not a waister but injuries from Martial Arts and Army Service) and the Dokker without its plush seats but firm and simple is wonderful......
I own a Lodgy and yes it's lower than a Dokker it is taller than a Logan and the extra length means much more leg room than in the Dokker. I use mine for airport transfers and everyone says how roomy and comfortable it is on a 50 minute journey.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know what im talking about because i wanted a lodgy and went deep into it, i then bought a Dokker.

Please discuss and enjoy chatting here but dont be arrogant and obnoxious because you are NOT wanted.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
guys chill out :rolleyes:

the rumors here are if uk goes ok for dacia they will get the lodgy 7 seater for the mpv side of the market and the dokker van

nothing yet on the dokker for people cause there will be the 5 seater logan mcv estate

but who knows, its really early to say for uk

lodgy dokker and dokker van is made only in tangier factory that is new and just yet doesn't have a rhd production line

·
Registered
52 Posts
I own a Lodgy and yes it's lower than a Dokker it is taller than a Logan and the extra length means much more leg room than in the Dokker. I use mine for airport transfers and everyone says how roomy and comfortable it is on a 50 minute journey.
This what should of been written in the first place...anyhow...

I was not knocking the Lodgy as this was my first choice but as i sat in the back i found it to small incase you are wondering i do own a Dokker as its been bought out here in Germany and all types are now found in the showrooms next to Lodgy, Duster and sandero.

The reasons i did not take it was because i do not have to put up with 50 min trip but 1000 km + 10 hour trip and a very full boot area as i often drive from Germany to the UK.

My kids are very tall the eldest at 16 is over 6 foot tall and im not small myself the space in the rear of the Lodgy was personally for me not good enough.

I was slightly disappointed Soldierboy because i really wanted the lodgy it was my first choice, i had already been offered a Renault scenic and liked it.

The Dokker offered a cheaper price and alot more leg + headroom hence it i signed on the dotted line on the same day.

·
Registered
52 Posts
guys chill out :rolleyes:

the rumors here are if uk goes ok for dacia they will get the lodgy 7 seater for the mpv side of the market and the dokker van

nothing yet on the dokker for people cause there will be the 5 seater logan mcv estate
I'd be quite interested in seeing the lodgy 7 seater and how it will compaire to other makes of people carriers.

I was told the Logan was being fazed out by the end of the year (here in Germany anyway) by the showroom i went to.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If Renault deem it profitable to enter into the Indian market (producing it in India), then we may get a RHD Dokker in the UK

·
Registered
52 Posts
If Renault deem it profitable to enter into the Indian market (producing it in India), then we may get a RHD Dokker in the UK
Hows about building them in the UK ffs..... its always about cash i suppose and at the end of the day i guess thats why they are so affordable.

I would hope that building them out there would not reflect on the quality of the build, if that goes down then Dacia's will be dropped like mouldy bread..... i dont want to see that because as far as im concerned (having owned Opel and Ford) the Dacia is a whole lot of car for a very small price.

·
Registered
95 Posts
put it this way,

a duster built in Romania for the LHD mainly European market on the whole is better built than the exact same car built by the Indian Factory.

This is not unique to Renault/Dacia, other manufacturer can notice a quality difference when identical vehicles are built in different factorys.

The concern is some of the faults that they have allowed to leave the factory are truelly shocking; I am glad I didn't go ahead with the Duster and instead hope to get a Logan built in the Romanian factory.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a dokker ambience,medianav,esp ,just what i need really
For the last 10 years had peugot partner,before that a transit,so i am used to the room as i have been running a mobile karaoke show and have to carry all the kit,amp,mixer,speakers,lights,books etc etc.With the partner had to drop the seats to get it all in,or perform miracles if carrying passengers!
The dokker can take all the kit in the boot and the passengers in comfort,job done.
Plenty of head /leg room in back,nice firm seats for front driver and passenger plus all the comforts of medianav ,speed limiter .
Price and insurance lower than a replacement 2 year old berlingo,local tax(road tax) dropped from 150euro to 50euro ,couldnt be happier.In April will set off for UK for 3 month stay in Ipswich area (anything dacia going on would love to take part) and then over to Ireland,midlands then Dublin before driving home to Alicante.Good test on mpg and comfort,will try and compile photos and diary of trip.
Summary the Dokker is a good compromise between requirements for work and family,rugged and reliable and frugal with the fuel.
I rest my case! My model was made in Morocco (lhd+cheaper...Rumanians asking for to many wage rises) .Could appear as Rhd made in India for Uk in a couple of years.
Love the forum,picked up loads of tips,keep it up,thanks guys.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Dokker and lodgi are made there cause was no room in romania an they already had built he factory there for ren and nissan cars not cause of the salary

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts